The 1st Annual Meeting of The LGC - mark your calendars

Talk about anything you like but keep it civil. This is a public forum, the views and opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the LGC.

Moderators: Inquisitor, admin, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

mark
Site Admin

The 1st Annual Meeting of The LGC - mark your calendars

#1 Post by mark » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:19 am

Tis true!!

There is going to be a meeting of The LGC.

It will be held on July 9th and 10th 2010.

It will be in Chicago.

There will be some informative talks, some food, some drink, a field trip or two, and a chance to shoot things.
[And maybe some sort of raffle or auction.]

There will be more details as we get closer.

If you plan on going and want to contribute by giving a talk or holding a workshop, please drop me a line.

If you live in the Chicago area and want to help out, let me know and we can add you to the 'official' committee forum.

------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Find out more and register through the meeting website:
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/meeting/
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Paladin

Re: The 1st Annual Meeting of The LGC - mark your calendars

#2 Post by Paladin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 pm

mark wrote:Tis true!!

There is going to be a meeting of The LGC.

It will be held on July 9th and 10th 2010.

It will be in Chicago.

There will be some informative talks, some food, some drink, a field trip or two, and a chance to shoot things.
[And maybe some sort of raffle or auction.]

There will be more details as we get closer.

If you plan on going and want to contribute by giving a talk or holding a workshop, please drop me a line.

If you live in the Chicago area and want to help out, let me know and we can add you to the 'official' committee forum.

Bring lots of singles.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

KlownKannon

#3 Post by KlownKannon » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm from the Chicago area, and I can't remember for the life of me if we'll all need FOIDs to go shooting, or can somebody with a valid FOID sponsor us all at a range?
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

mark
Site Admin

#4 Post by mark » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!
"The waves which dash on the shore are, one by one, broken; but yet the ocean conquers nevertheless."
- Lord Byron

Paladin

#5 Post by Paladin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:57 pm

judgepacker wrote:I'm from the Chicago area, and I can't remember for the life of me if we'll all need FOIDs to go shooting, or can somebody with a valid FOID sponsor us all at a range?
As long as someone signs you in you are okay at most ranges.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

goosekiller
Loquacious

#6 Post by goosekiller » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 pm

BREAKING NEWS - The hosting of the First Annual Meeting of The Liberal Gun Club has been awarded to Rio Di Janeiro, Brazil. It is, by the way, Barack Obama's fault...
"Endeavor to persevere."

the comedian
Loquacious

#7 Post by the comedian » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:27 pm

That's a long time in the future, but I would definitely be interested.
Though I will probably have another safe full of Mil Surps by then. :mrgreen:
" Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I attack." - Gen. Ferdinand Foch, 1st Battle Of The Marne ( 1914).
http://www.rudereds.blogspot.com

mark
Site Admin

#8 Post by mark » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:30 pm

the comedian wrote:That's a long time in the future, but I would definitely be interested.
Though I will probably have another safe full of Mil Surps by then. :mrgreen:

Excellent! The more the merrier. And remember, Kirk says to bring singles... please make sure they are truly single - we don't need any jilted lover breaking up our party and interfering with our mojo.

oh. thoooose singles. nevermind.
- Lord Byron

curtism1234
Loquacious

#9 Post by curtism1234 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 pm

I'd bring some of my girls, but they are going to want 1000 dollars a day.
I can get us hooked up with some local girls when there though - much cheaper to pay by the 1/2 hour ;)

Mark, is this a small private event - as in renting out a small conference room at the hotel ???

mark
Site Admin

#10 Post by mark » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:17 pm

curtism1234 wrote:I'd bring some of my girls, but they are going to want 1000 dollars a day.
I can get us hooked up with some local girls when there though - much cheaper to pay by the 1/2 hour ;)

Mark, is this a small private event - as in renting out a small conference room at the hotel ???

It will depend on the number of people who register, but that is a possibility. So is the local Pizza Hut if its just me and Paladin. :D
- Lord Byron

mark
Site Admin

#11 Post by mark » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:17 pm

But... it is open to anyone who is a current member of The LGC.
- Lord Byron

Paladin

#12 Post by Paladin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:26 pm

mark wrote:
curtism1234 wrote:I'd bring some of my girls, but they are going to want 1000 dollars a day.

It will depend on the number of people who register, but that is a possibility. So is the local Pizza Hut if its just me and Paladin. :D

I would not bring my worst enemy to Pizza Hut. This is a large city not the 1940s we have really good pizza.

—Joe Strummer

mark
Site Admin

#13 Post by mark » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:07 pm

Paladin wrote:
mark wrote:

I would not bring my worst enemy to Pizza Hut. This is a large city not the 1940s we have really good pizza.

Easy killer, it was a joke. :p

When I was last in Chicago I ate at Pizzeria Due. Twas tasty but man, that deep dish is like coronary on a plate.
Last edited by mark on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited so it makes sense.
- Lord Byron

goosekiller
Loquacious

#14 Post by goosekiller » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:07 pm

mark wrote:
Paladin wrote:I would not bring my worst enemy to Pizza Hut. This is a large city not the 1940s we have really good pizza.

Easy killer, it was a joke. :p

When I was last in Chicago I ate at Pizzeria Due. Twas tasty but man, that deep dish is like coronary on a plate.
Homie don't play dat.
We take our pizza - the world's best by all accounts - very seriously here. If you leave our pizza alone, we will not bring up the fact that your state supplied the extras in Deliverance. Or Mark Sanford(at least Blago got paid). C'mon and get you some! With anchovies!
"Endeavor to persevere."

Paladin

#15 Post by Paladin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:43 pm

I forgot to mention my wife is a travel agent an will reserve rooms as the time draws closer and can do other travel things.

—Joe Strummer

mark
Site Admin

#16 Post by mark » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:04 pm

OOoOooh... that is quite handy, Paladin!
- Lord Byron

goosekiller
Loquacious

#17 Post by goosekiller » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:59 pm

The part that chaps my ass in all of this is that none of these out-of-state mugs will need a FOID(gun card), but IL residents will.
"Endeavor to persevere."

mark
Site Admin

#18 Post by mark » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:29 pm

goosekiller wrote:The part that chaps my ass in all of this is that none of these out-of-state mugs will need a FOID(gun card), but IL residents will.

Don't worry, next year you can come here to SC. You can transport anything you want anywhere you want - it will be fun. Heck, we are even allowed to keep loaded pistols in the glovebox.
- Lord Byron

Paladin

#19 Post by Paladin » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:33 pm

mark wrote:
goosekiller wrote:The part that chaps my ass in all of this is that none of these out-of-state mugs will need a FOID(gun card), but IL residents will.

Don't worry, next year you can come here to SC. You can transport anything you want anywhere you want - it will be fun. Heck, we are even allowed to keep loaded pistols in the glovebox.

Oooo I can get the PA concealed carry and I think it allows me to carry in SC. I am going to be like DeNiro in Taxi Driver.

—Joe Strummer

mark
Site Admin

#20 Post by mark » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Paladin wrote:
mark wrote:

Oooo I can get the PA concealed carry and I think it allows me to carry in SC. I am going to be like DeNiro in Taxi Driver.

You don't need a permit to put one in the glove box. But to be like DeNiro - yeah, I think that would require some sort of permit :p
- Lord Byron

richudson
Grizzled Veteran

#21 Post by richudson » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm going to try to be there but, as you know, I care for my mother and that's paramount for me. I think, perhaps, I can get my brother to stay with her. Those dates are on a Friday and Saturday, correct?
I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America, and to the Republic that it established: one Nation out of many Peoples with Liberty and Justice for all.

mark
Site Admin

#22 Post by mark » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:29 pm

richudson wrote:I'm going to try to be there but, as you know, I care for my mother and that's paramount for me. I think, perhaps, I can get my brother to stay with her. Those dates are on a Friday and Saturday, correct?
Yes they are. I completely understand - my father in law, who is unable to care for himself, lives with us. I understand how difficult it can be to get away - and how important your task is.

Hope you can make it :)
- Lord Byron

AmirMortal
Carpal Tunnel

#23 Post by AmirMortal » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Paladin wrote:Oooo I can get the PA concealed carry and I think it allows me to carry in SC. I am going to be like DeNiro in Taxi Driver.
You should really look into the Fl permit, I count 33 states on this list:

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/c ... carry.html

And yes, SC is on the list! I noticed that Illinois isn't on the list, but hopefully that will be changing soon! 8-)

I'd love to attend, I'll just have to see if I can afford the travel.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

Inquisitor
Site Admin

#24 Post by Inquisitor » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 pm

ts a couple less than 33 if you are not actually a FLA resident, FYI.

Skeptilius
Verified Member
Verified Member

#25 Post by Skeptilius » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Too bad the event couldn't be held in Houston. The weather is so lovely in July.