Kudos to Laserlyte

So I got a .45ACP laserlyte in-chamber laser boresight whatever you call it thing for Xmas. Great training tool, superb, but that's another issue.
I had probably dry fired about 200 times with it and went to remove it from my 1911. Racked the slide and the thing came out in two pieces. A lttle brass bezel that surrounds the rubber piece that the firing pin strikes had completely sheared off. Rather than deal with Amazon returns I called customer service at Laserlyte. As it happens, they are local to me. I had no idea.
Anyhow, the CS gal said "We'll send you a new one and a prepaid mailer, promise to send back the defective one with a note about your pistol make?" 2 days later I got the new one.
For what the darned things cost they SHOULD give you this kind of service but I was pleasantly surprised none the less.
The new one appears to be re-designed a bit. I hope it holds up.

Re: Kudos to Laserlyte

sikacz wrote:Any damage to the firering pin?
No, it didn't strike the bezel piece that came off as far as I could tell looking at it under a magnifier, and the rubber switch is very soft and remained in place. It's hard to describe, but that little piece sheared off so smoothly it looked for all the world like it should have been in two pieces to begin with. I think it was just a bum piece that was bound to let go. Weak design maybe or something. If this one fails Ima ask for a refund. I shot almost a hundred rounds after removing it from the pistol uneventfully except for a squib on shot number 99, which ended the session and precluded the last shot. My first squib. Unnerving and a separate story altogether. Maybe I orta write it up.