Re: Why we exist?

CowboyT wrote:Sounds like Rugerforum.net, folks. Or VAGunForum.net. Same attitudes over there. These are the same people who freely refer to our current POTUS and his family by the N-word and other hateful epithets. They're the same people who whined up a storm about Lebanese-American Rima Fatih winning Miss USA in 2010, or Nina Davuluri winning Miss America in 2013, since they're not White girls like Teresa Vail of Kansas, whom they just gushed over as a "real 'Murrican". Sigh....logic doesn't work with a lot of these people.

Of course, I've seen a similar affliction here on the LGC forums in some cases, too. While there are trolls, as Inquisitor has pointed out, there are times when folks here simply have a different point of view, and sometimes folks here will jump all over 'em just like I've seen on those other forums. I've pointed this out before. Things seem to be getting better a bit, and that's good, and continued progress in that direction is a good thing.
Some if that is just the internet.

Alaskapopo wrote:Looks like about the same level of intelligence I see from the anti cop folks over on AR15.com.
Pat
TBH, at least one of the cops that posts on the MOHTF is, well, 'sorta special'. :lol: GD is GD. I stay out of that Hive of Scum and Villainy as much as possible.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

ErikO wrote:
Alaskapopo wrote:Looks like about the same level of intelligence I see from the anti cop folks over on AR15.com.
Pat
TBH, at least one of the cops that posts on the MOHTF is, well, 'sorta special'. :lol: GD is GD. I stay out of that Hive of Scum and Villainy as much as possible.
Yep GD sucks at most places. One negative side of the internet is the ability to say things to people you would not dare say in person if they did there would be a lot more people walking around with missing teeth and broken noses.
Pat

Alaskapopo wrote:
ErikO wrote:
Pat
Yep GD sucks at most places. One negative side of the internet is the ability to say things to people you would not dare say in person if they did there would be a lot more people walking around with missing teeth and broken noses.
Pat
Exactly. I tend to not get into such pissing contests as I live my life openly both online and IRL; while I have good dental coverage, I'm too pretty to take too many punches to the face. :lol:
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

ErikO wrote:
Alaskapopo wrote:
ErikO wrote:
Pat
Pat
Exactly. I tend to not get into such pissing contests as I live my life openly both online and IRL; while I have good dental coverage, I'm too pretty to take too many punches to the face. :lol:
Yea it amazes me what people will say. It goes beyond just trolling. I have had people threaten my life on line. Harmless threat no less but still shows peoples mental state.
pat

Alaskapopo wrote:Yea it amazes me what people will say. It goes beyond just trolling. I have had people threaten my life on line. Harmless threat no less but still shows peoples mental state.
pat
I got trolled here by a (now former) coworker. Dumbass lives in IL but works in MO, BAD call. I decided to NOT press Cyber Stalking charges and changed jobs.

took a look at a AK files, that tread what is pretty bad. If they represent gun owners in America, then gun rights are truly endangered.I am relatively new to this forum, and while I may disagree with some or even manny of you on various issues, I am NOT going to personally attack anyone.

There are many things I am NOT happy with President Obama, the NSA scandal, fast and furrious, the fact thag we are still involved in no win wars and that he is trying to get us into Syria and his real continued persecution of the medical marijuana industry.

Persaonally President Obama is a likable person and the personal attacks are not only un called for, but in reality they are counter productive.

The reality is this forum will appeal not only to Liberals, but to the vast majority of Americans who maybe gun owners who happen to be open minded and tolerant.

Bear in mind that it is easy to be a punk on the internet when you think you can take cheap shots and think no one will know who you are. Some internet reporters down in Mexico who were doing anti cartel stories online pissed someone in that organization off enough that they were tracked down and the next story about these internet reporters was about how their heads were found on a bridge.

Being an adult in a world of spoiled bratty children is challenging, but that is what we must do.

I know one gun forum that I will stay away from.

Nicki

I have started to spend more time on these forums than on other gun forums. The truth is this a good website to keep my balanced in my views. If I had to put myself on a scale I would be more right of center, but I can't be as "right" as my next door neighbors. (Edit: The rest of my neighborhood is at least moderate.) My neighbors are the people you would see on a reality TV show that would make Duck Dynasty look Progressive. I think TV has misconstrued what GA and other southern states really are about. The racism and anti-gay crowd still exists in some extremities, but from a day to day basis its not as prevalent as portrayed on TV (Edit: From my perception). Southern blacks and whites share many of the same values, particularly in the suburbs. Straight people in Atlanta are notably pro-gay, and it's interesting to see the number of "breeders" showing up to party at Pride Week.

That being said, if you think I'm trading in my V-8 Camaro for a electric engine you got another thing coming.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

Welcome new folks from WA guns, so far you seem a more polite crowd than the last group. I think we kept a couple of those folks too.

I have exchanged messages with a couple of you, I am hopeful. So much that I soften the OP posts language, it's less an invasion, more of (hopefully) a friendly visit.

Inquisitor wrote:Welcome new folks from WA guns, so far you seem a more polite crowd than the last group. I think we kept a couple of those folks too.

I have exchanged messages with a couple of you, I am hopeful. So much that I soften the OP posts language, it's less an invasion, more of (hopefully) a friendly visit.
I can't speak for the group, but thanks for having me/us. Be mindful that every ying has a yang---a person can have an opinion contrary to another without resorting to personal attacks. There is as much left bashing right as there is right bashing left. It's especially entertaining when all parties involved are more middle than anything.

Cheers
"Well there's always been groups of people who never could see eye to eye. But I always thought if they had a chance to sit down and talk face to face they might realize they got a lot in common."
- Chris LeDoux

Inquisitor wrote:Welcome new folks from WA guns, so far you seem a more polite crowd than the last group. I think we kept a couple of those folks too.

We're from Washington, easily the most polite state in the Union, politesse is reflexive. :D And while I can't speak for Dan or K&E and definitely not for Capt, I can assure you that I personally will make every effort not to defile your upholstery.
http://democratsforgunownership.org/

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
~ Samuel Adams

glockgirl wrote:

We're from Washington, easily the most polite state in the Union, politesse is reflexive. :D And while I can't speak for Dan or K&E and definitely not for Capt, I can assure you that I personally will make every effort not to defile your upholstery.
:roflmao: :thanks: :welcome: That's the spirit!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Okay so in my attempts to stay "balanced," I have determined that I no longer read the Daily Kos... I know some of you are fans, but its just senseless as of late. Every Facebook entry is just about what some random Republican politician said. There is no longer even a logical political argument to work from. I live in Georgia, I have traditionally voted Republican. (Though Jason Carter is a Dem running for Gov. that is apparently very pro-gun.) These people are politicians, that makes them a scumbag by trade. Everyone knows this. When I read the Daily Kos, I have to ask is this the mainstream of the Democratic Party?
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

GeorgiaRN wrote:Okay so in my attempts to stay "balanced," I have determined that I no longer read the Daily Kos... I know some of you are fans, but its just senseless as of late. Every Facebook entry is just about what some random Republican politician said. There is no longer even a logical political argument to work from. I live in Georgia, I have traditionally voted Republican. (Though Jason Carter is a Dem running for Gov. that is apparently very pro-gun.) These people are politicians, that makes them a scumbag by trade. Everyone knows this. When I read the Daily Kos, I have to ask is this the mainstream of the Democratic Party?
DKOS will lower your IQ more often than not.

'bout sums it up from my point of view...at least in part. In reference to:
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... 1&p=344637
TheHunterOfSkulls wrote: I have to find myself agreeing with the folks who've said the problem is with the pro-regulation side's idea of "compromise". It basically plots out as, "Ok, here's our compromise: We take these things. You never get them back. In return, we don't take this other stuff because we haven't figured out how to sell that idea yet.".

Pitt and his ilk on this issue are nothing but ghouls. They're corpse junkies, no different than the ones who waved the dead of 9/11 in our faces to shame us into listening to and agreeing with them. And similarly to the view of the pro-Iraq War and pro-Patriot Act corpse junkies, we are not real people to the pro-regulation crowd. We are the hideous villains they see in their heads; bloodthirsty, barely human, with not an ounce of decency in any of us. We have to be. Because if we're not, then they have to face the fact that they're using every single dirty trick straight from the pro-war, anti-choice and anti-LGBT playbooks against innocent people. There can be no compromise with people so deeply invested in a cause that dehumanization of anyone and everyone who opposes that cause is not just common among people who support that cause but is actually integral to maintaining that cause.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed