Re: Marijuana and Guns.

senorgrand wrote:Is it just me, or [is] the Drug War going as well as a land war in Asia?
I agree and it's even worse. Remember the idiotic Ấp Chiến lược? At least that motherfucker ended after a few years of failure. :happy:
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

ErikO wrote:
dan360 wrote:I've never smoked weed, but if I did, I would be more afraidz of getting excessive amounts of Cheetos residue on my guns while fondling them under the influence, so the paranoia would probably keep me glued to the sofa, orange bag on one side, orange remote on the other, far away from the gun room.
The paranoia only effects folks who are driving/riding in a car to the point that every single car behind/in front/ beside you is a cop and the KNOW you're high. :lol:

Cheeto powder would be hard to get out of the action of most firearms and is a very valid point.

Seriously, if folks with anxiety disorder could smoke up, they would be less likely to accidently shoot an 'intruder' that ends up being the family dog/cat/child/etc.
+1, as stated...paranoia is an artifact of cops just around every corner, under every rock and in every tree. It ain't caused by weed, it's caused by our judicial system.
Keep Bow Tight ~Sitting Bull
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/90682-i ... ooks-ahead

Follow up comments.

FYI, I have posted similar threads over in Calguns and usually after a short while, they get locked by some moderator. One time I attached a poll and the vast majority (70 percent) viewed the pot prohibition as BS.

Of course the "Drug Warriors" can't have debate and some of them are moderators, so thread got locked. The usual argument was that it was that we need to stay single issue (guns) in a gun rights forum. Of course the fact that the Drug War accounts for probably half the gun violence in the country and if the drug war ended, gun violence would drop dramatically and thereby reduce the public pressure to push new gun control legislation is something that it seems to me is a "no brainer".

Of course if you have a "Zero Tolerance Mindset", then you probably also may suffer from "Zero Intelligence".

Back in 1968, simple possession of marijuana in all states was a criminal offense and in many of these states it was a felony. Using the premise that marijuana was a felony, then making it a prohibited activity that would prevent you from getting guns would make sense.

Of course when "White College Kids" started getting arrested for simple marijuana possession, then the cry of parents about their little "Johnny" having a "felony criminal record" got most states to at least reduce minor possession to a misdemeanor level, some states in the 1970s actually decriminalized marijuana to some extent.

Today only one state, Arizona, makes simple possession a possible felony. It is treated as a "wobbler" felony/misdemeanor. Something tells me that Arizona will change that soon by citizen vote.

I posted this thread to see what kind of feedback I would get and I am glad to see the overall intelligent responses I have gotten.
The Liberal Gun Club will grow based on the level of activity by it's members to outreach to the public.

Considering that most of our elected officials at one time in their lives have admitted to not only smoking weed, but actually inhaling, it would seem to me to be a modest proposal to support reforming federal law to remove marijuana as a prohibited offense on a federal level for gun ownership.

The US Supreme court had the opportunity to deal with the issue a few years back, but ducked the issue, so for all you folks in Oregon, the local sheriff has to issue you a CCW permit even if you have a medical marijuana card per the Oregon Supreme Court in spite of conflict with federal law. :shock:

Nicki

Somehow people still are not getting this.
Medical marijuana patients federally barred from buying firearms
"They came back to Missouri, went to purchase a gun. You have to have a photo ID. When we run your name through the computer, it automatically connects you with buying marijuana in Colorado," Pind said.

That's because dispensaries also check identification for marijuana purchases.

The organizers of the medical marijuana amendment in Missouri acknowledge that this will be an issue, as it is in the other 31 medical marijuana states.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Seems the dots from the Hawaii threads never were connected.

2016:
Hawaii becomes first state to put gun owners in database

2017:
Surrender Your Guns, Police Tell Hawaiian Medical Marijuana Patients

ETA:
Hawaii attempts to enter gun owners into federal databases
Honolulu PD tells MM patients to surrender guns
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Marijuana has all sorts of good uses medically and is certainly not the health hazard that alcohol is.
It should be fully legalized, commercialized, taxed and available.
I wouldn't handle firearms while using...the short-term memory issue.
It's a morality issue most have with it and most or all is unfounded.

I sure could use it for my arthritis, it's a great muscle relaxer and my knee and back are more flexible.
I like baking with it...usually brownies.
There's nothing like it after dinner, a warm chocolate brownie topped with vanilla bean ice cream. yummy!
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

Urine testing is a big industry in this country. If your place of employment insists on testing for it you can forget about ever using it.

Personally I would like to be able to just grow a few plants in my garden, never have to sign any papers and with no government interference, like growing carrots and peas.

My marijuana days are long, long in the past, almost 40 years. I'd never use it again, unless it was medically necessary.

But making it legal, available and taxed and controlled like alcohol is the logical step.

Big Pharma hates it because their cannabis-based drugs for cancer and other patients are huge money-makers and and a plant you can grow in your back yard threatens their billions.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

MJ should be reclassified and ALL drugs decriminalized. The drug war should end since it accomplished nothing other than costing the nation a large fortune. Treatment should replace prison.

I wouldn't hesitate to smoke pot. I supplied pot to my cancer riddled mother in the 60-70's until her death (pot today makes that look like tea leaves comparing potency). Currently, I cannot obtain a pain killer I'd used for years (not addicted - only used when in pain and that was seldom - 100 tabs may last a year or more (VicoProfen) - back pain). My current Doc's will not prescribe since it will put them on a DEA list. The pills proffered (Tramadol) are less effective than aspirin IMO. So I grin and bear it when pain hits. However, if it continues to get progressively worse, I will not hesitate to seek out pot to help ease the pain. Use an illegal drug cause I can't get a legal drug - this nation is so fucking backward at times, it's astounding.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

shinzen wrote:Sadly, regardless of the stupidity of the federal laws, without a change in the senate and the white house, I'm not seeing this changing anytime soon.
If Democrats took power tomorrow, this particular issue would not change because it has to do with firearms. They don't want _more_ people armed.
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

DispositionMatrix wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 pm
shinzen wrote:Sadly, regardless of the stupidity of the federal laws, without a change in the senate and the white house, I'm not seeing this changing anytime soon.
If Democrats took power tomorrow, this particular issue would not change because it has to do with firearms. They don't want _more_ people armed.
Thats true but there is also both the lucrative drug war, private prison industry and of course big pharma. Both parties are equally up their eyeballs in cash from those interests.

DispositionMatrix wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 pm
I think the firearms thing would happen despite a desire for it not to. Blue states are too rapidly approving recreational, and even red states are approving medical.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

The down side to legalize pot:

http://mailtribune.com/news/crime-court ... retirement

Seems you can't teach an old dog new tricks, or at least to make drug arrest stick, gotta train a whole bunch of new dog sniffers that don't hit on pot.

I just bought a couple of pot stocks - both immediately went underwater!! LOL
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Regarding Hawaii , the Canadians discovered that the only use for a data base of gun owners is for confiscation, as theirs-after many millions of dollars-had no measurable effect on crime. Even after it was shut down, local police units kept copies just because.
We would also like to point out the effects marijuana has on driving, a controversial topic. Marijuana can affect driving capabilities up to 3 hours after administration and includes judgment about distance, as well as attraction to light and sleepiness, particularly affecting prolonged and monotonous driving routes.
https://drug.addictionblog.org/how-long ... uana-last/

Apparently, using grass before shooting will result in street lights getting taken out.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

For folks interested in treating inflammation, arthritis, symptoms from chemo, PTSD, high blood pressure, and other medical challenges, hemp oil/CBD oil is 50 state legal. By law it can have no more than .3% THC and most have zero. No memory problems, no impaired driving/walking/shooting, and no munchies.

I'm not fan of the drug war, but one doesn't have to legalize pot in order to legally access the medical benefits of the plant.

I find CBD oil is good for general stability. No visuals/mental trips nor even any noticeable effects when taking it. But you may find yourself less anxious and able to sustain attention on the challenges and solutions while people around you are freaking out. It’s good stuff when going rough patches in life. But it does take some days to build up in the system. And if you don’t take it for a while and something happens, that’s when you realize how valuable it can be to keep you sane.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

My grandmother is treated with marijuana. When I found out about it, I was shocked. As it turned out marijuana helps her perfectly against chronic pain and muscle spasms because it has an antitumor effect. We often laugh together with her, because I smoke the best Indica strains and she smokes marijuana. I think we're the perfect couple :D Besides, I always try to cheer her up and support her because I understand how lonely and sad she can be right now. I hope my support helps her to keep afloat.
Last edited by HeatherLees on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeatherLees wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:26 am My grandmother is treated with marijuana. When I found out about it, I was shocked. As it turned out marijuana helps her perfectly against chronic pain and muscle spasms because it has an antitumor effect
Many people with MS are helped by marijuana.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

HeatherLees wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:26 am My grandmother is treated with marijuana. When I found out about it, I was shocked. As it turned out marijuana helps her perfectly against chronic pain and muscle spasms because it has an antitumor effect
Maybe anti-tremor?
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Admitting to a federal disqualification is not a good fit. There’s no reason to be on this forum after that admission since gun ownership is not happening legally. Also wondering about that anger issue....

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.