Police state strikes again

The Mayor of Peoria , Illinois can't take a joke. He ordered the Peoria Police Dept. to find the author of a twitter parody of the mayor's twitter account. They did and raided the dwelling and arrested the occupants for having some marijuana.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/18/peori ... to-track-d

What good it it to be a mayor, if you can't order the police to do what you want. :sarcasm:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Re: Police state strikes again

Jim Ardis, mayor of Peoria, Illinois, ordered police to track down whoever was responsible for a parody Twitter account mocking him.

As a result, police raided a West Bluff home, seized property, and detained three people for questioning.
"As a result..."?

I'd love to hear the actual justification. Lawyers should be falling all over each other for the chance to break that town.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Re: Police state strikes again

DispositionMatrix wrote:
Jim Ardis, mayor of Peoria, Illinois, ordered police to track down whoever was responsible for a parody Twitter account mocking him.

As a result, police raided a West Bluff home, seized property, and detained three people for questioning.
"As a result..."?

I'd love to hear the actual justification. Lawyers should be falling all over each other for the chance to break that town.
I was in Peoria 20 something years ago working a hunting show. They also were filming for the COPS tv show. Peoria had every bit of police equipment they had on the streets including the helicopter that was on the ground only long enough to fuel. I never felt in fear of the police like I did that weekend. The cops were doing whatever they could to find anything to get filmed. Normally the weekend of shows were a time to go out with friends and have a good time. That weekend we just stayed in our rooms and drank.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled