Re: Another Pacific Standard Article

Yep. Good job, all of you, for expressing our core beliefs and contrasting them to the paranoid " anti- gub'mint" ranting of the Extreme Right N.R.A. crew.
"... the rich rob the poor under the cover of law. We plunder the rich under the cover of our own courage." - Captain " Black Sam" Bellamy ( executed for piracy, 1717).

Nice. I particularly like this quote:
It’s a sideshow, an excuse for not doing any of the things we know will actually make shit better.
Good on him for being honest when he was doing his research and not turning it into a bashing piece. And awesome Ms Potty Mouth- great interview nuggets as usual. :clap2:

(Makes me feel a bit like I'm at the cool kids table too) :blush:
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I think Quiz nailed it.

Honestly, it wasn't a terribly good interview for me. I was all over the place, but because others were putting the same ideas in the writer's head, he deftly sliced out some good lines from the mess of what I said. Anyplace I sound good in this one is definitely the result of a group effort.

Yeah, I think we all were pretty much on the same page during that interview process. I know there were a few of us that were concerned with the way the final product could have gone, but seems that our messaging came through. Which makes me happy. So ve shall dance.

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Fukshot wrote:I think Quiz nailed it.

Honestly, it wasn't a terribly good interview for me. I was all over the place, but because others were putting the same ideas in the writer's head, he deftly sliced out some good lines from the mess of what I said. Anyplace I sound good in this one is definitely the result of a group effort.
I dunno, I was apparently not clever enough to be a potty mouth :)

Inquisitor wrote:
Fukshot wrote:I think Quiz nailed it.

I dunno, I was apparently not clever enough to be a potty mouth :)
:albert: fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck shit fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Re: Pacific Standard mentions us...again

brandonsmash wrote:Now if we could just convince the rest of the left that we're sane, and the right that, well, we're sane, then we'd be good. Well, better, anyhow.
LOL. Yeah.

Good article. Nice job.

Edit: Oh yeah, this made me laugh, mostly because of how true it is -
"...an online forum and meet-up group for people who share an interest in guns and also respect each other’s political beliefs. (Despite the group’s moniker, politics vary widely among members.) It’s a sort of Universalist Church of Gun Owners, where all are welcome."
Last edited by Zombs on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.