Axes in the news

http://www.wyff4.com/news/scso-wife-att ... 08#!bKq3Zy
The husband said that at about 7 p.m. while he was in the bedroom, his wife, who was in the other room, became aggravated and called her mother on the phone and said that she would shoot him. He said he overheard this while he was searching for the remote, so he unloaded the single-shot 12-gauge shotgun and went back to looking for the remote control.

The man said that about five minutes later when he was still in the bedroom, he turned around and his wife had the shotgun pointed at him. He said she pulled the trigger, but the unloaded gun just clicked. He said he was angry and tried to leave, but his wife blocked his path.

He said the two of them scuffled, and she put the gun down. He said she ripped his shirt, pushed him down and hit him before he got away and went outside to call police.

The man said his wife then grabbed a fire ax and said she was going to get him with it. He says he took the ax away from her, and she started beating on him with her hand. He said his wife calmed down then and she did not attack him anymore.
Anything unattempted remains impossible.

Like coffee? (or tea?)

Re: Axes in the news

This must be a regular occurance if he unloaded the gun then went on looking for his remote. In my house, if my wife called her mom and said she was going to shoot me, I'd be rather worried.

He should consider living somewhere else, since next time she'll check to see if it's loaded first.
Brian

Well, the article says she has been charged with attempted murder, and if he has half a brain he won't try to post bond for her. She best hope orange is a good color for her.

Also, while DV is no laughing matter, I did have to snicker at the part where he unloaded the shotgun and went back to looking for the remote...
Anything unattempted remains impossible.

Like coffee? (or tea?)

SmokeFan wrote:Well, the article says she has been charged with attempted murder, and if he has half a brain he won't try to post bond for her. She best hope orange is a good color for her.

Also, while DV is no laughing matter, I did have to snicker at the part where he unloaded the shotgun and went back to looking for the remote...
There are the priorities that must be met. Maybe control of the remote and TV was reason for the DV.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

As is the case with many (most) cases of DV, booze is the reason. In this particular case especially, as the wife wanted him to leave immediately to get more booze, while he wanted to find the damned remote first. I did chuckle as well. Even though it's definitely not a laughing matter, it is a pretty funny way that the situation was handled.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I hope he runs like the wind and never looks back. If children are involved, however, they're both fucked.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

It is kind of funny how nonchalant he may has seemed while reading it, but it's hard to judge without knowing their history. Could be she talks about shooting him all the time but never does, so he just took the shell out just in case (smart move).

Sadly everyone has a threshold where rage boils over and they become capable of murder. Alcohol impairs judgment and significant lowers that threshold, but the anger and hostility must have been building up over a long period of time... Definitely great time to divorce and move apart!
"These are hard times, NOT end times!"
- Jon Stewart, Rally to Restore Sanity

Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.