Prices at gunshow seem to be going down.

Went to the Valporaiso IN gunshow today. Didnt buy any guns but got an Emerson foling knife and two OEM Glock parts. The prices on Guns and ammo seem to have stabilized. The tactical EBR's were all about what you would pay at a LGS and there were a few tables selling M1 garands that I even picked up buisiness cards for since I am kinda in the market. Even saw quite a few guns that included a fair amount of ammo in the price. A few tables still think its a sellers market and most people were looking at the price tags at those tables shaking their heads and walking away. Maybe we have gotten back to normal for guns now....until Hillary is the Dem nominee. Out of state gun shows are safer for me to go to since I generally put more research and thought into long guns since I cant hide them from my wife like I can with handguns. And I have been known to impulse buy a handgun or 12.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

Re: Prices at gunshow seem to be going down.

Simmer down wrote:I stopped at Cheaper than Dirt last week and saw a 325 rd box of 22s for $119.00!!! I thought they might have been tracers or grant magic wishes but just garden variety 22s.
Not only does Cheaper than Dirt price gouge on a massive scale, they also refuse to ship AR parts like slings to California because of California's "assault weapon ban". Piss on them!

I was in San Marcos TX Academy Sports this week and I bought CCI .22 lr mini mags for $8.09 out the door limit one box. They had lots of boxes on the shelf. Also noticed CCI .22 lr Blazers for $2.59 plus tax limit two boxes. Again, they had lots of boxes.

Walmart here has Remington 325 bulk packs for $22 and change all day long too.
The symbol of the race ought to be a human being carrying an ax, for every human being has one concealed about him somewhere, and is always seeking the opportunity to grind it.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

Simmer down wrote:I stopped at Cheaper than Dirt last week and saw a 325 rd box of 22s for $119.00!!! I thought they might have been tracers or grant magic wishes but just garden variety 22lrs.
You admit you went there? :shock: EEEeeeeewwwww :sick: :no:

Please bathe with a scrub brush & disinfectant (like lysol).

OK, I might go in the store for curiosity, but feel yucky afterwards.

BKinzey wrote:
Simmer down wrote:I stopped at Cheaper than Dirt last week and saw a 325 rd box of 22s for $119.00!!! I thought they might have been tracers or grant magic wishes but just garden variety 22lrs.
You admit you went there? :shock: EEEeeeeewwwww :sick: :no:

Please bathe with a scrub brush & disinfectant (like lysol).

OK, I might go in the store for curiosity, but feel yucky afterwards.
During the great 22lr shortage CTD by me was selling 22lr for a dollar a round in boxes of 20. I won't walk in the door the people are rude crude and socially unacceptable and that's not only the help. I think their yuck is contagious.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Buddy of mine, an Army NCO, called 'em about a shotgun. They said they had it in stock.

He drives all the way up there, they see that he's a black guy and tell him it's out of stock.

He asks for the manager, who tells him, "I ain't selling you a shotgun".

Now, in my opinion, they can choose with whom they want to do business.

So can I. They won't be getting any of my money.

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- The Last Words of Pancho Villa

shinzen wrote:Resolved that although yeah, they can charge what they want, I will never do business with them.
How very libertarian of you. I think we're gettin' somewhere now :thumbup:

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- The Last Words of Pancho Villa

Actually just basic economic theory. If a company charges more than what the market will bear, then they will do less business as they have thrown off the equilibrium. What isn't considered in that theory is what the overcharging does to the perception of the prospective buyers, as it, for many, means that the business has forever lost credibility, which will eventually end in it's demise. The rest of the dirtiness that is CTD just reinforces it.

Now with your friends example however, I'd completely disagree that they have the right to discriminate against your friend due to anything other than illegal activity, and they should be able to be sued for discrimination.

On top of all of that, the idiocy of what they did does nothing more than reinforce that gun owners are redneck racists, and that conservatives (of this example) are also racist.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I have noticed more ammo and powder at Cabelas and LGS but the prices seem higher than before the panic. Even though I reload, I'll pick up ammo if I see a good deal. Last week at Walmart I picked up 100 38 special 124 grain +p hollow points for 38 dollars. Not a spectacular deal but I look forward to emptying them at the range so I can reload them.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin
Beto in wisconsin

Yeah, just a little more expensive than it used to be seems to be the new norm. But, at least components are trickling in, and even seeing some stuff at close to pre-panic prices. (9mm, 223, and 7.62x39 anyway) Still having the odd unavailability of certain things, but better than it was by a long shot. I think it was Swampgrouch who said, normal by November, and looks like it's pretty close to that.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:Yeah, just a little more expensive than it used to be seems to be the new norm. But, at least components are trickling in, and even seeing some stuff at close to pre-panic prices. (9mm, 223, and 7.62x39 anyway) Still having the odd unavailability of certain things, but better than it was by a long shot. I think it was Swampgrouch who said, normal by November, and looks like it's pretty close to that.
Normal until the Dem canidate for president in 16 shows well in polls and then all hell will break out again. If I were Obama I would try and get a cut of the "omg a black democrat is in office gun scare" profits.
Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here! The Dude.
Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap - Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled

There was a time when CTD did not gouge - but now, I agree with the other posters. I will come right out and say that Midway, Gander Mtn., Cabelas, Bass Pro, NatchezSS, and a few others are solid about not gouging and they get my money from everything from ammo to springs for my Marlin 60. (I bend one about every fifth time after I clean it.)

I agree gun prices are declining - just go on Gallery of Guns and see what you can buy them for from the license holders- prices are 25% less on some stuff over a year ago.