Texas-annual meeting and Ebola

I knew I couldn't make it to the annual meeting asI thought we would just be settling into Corpus Christi. But I am stuck in San Antonio after a concrete pillar in Austin viciouslly attacked the side of my fifth wheel as I pulled in for gas. Luckily none of the mechinicals were affected. Now I am waiting for a guy to come out and asses the damage (and probable the size of our wallets). Up side we really like San Antonio and if Corpus Christi doesn't fit we will settle here.

:mrgreen: You who are attending the annual meeting, I am not so jealous as to ruin your fun but just remember you are associating with people from Dallas. Dallas is the ONLY location in the US where we have had active transmission of Ebola so be careful. :sarcasm: We must keep the hysteria alive for political gain. Hysteria beats intelligent reponse.

By May we should make our choice but right now the scales are tipped to San Antonio but we want to give Corpus Christi a look see.

Sent from the KOA San Antonio Texas
P.S. May old nieghbor who was from Texas and exiled to Milwaukee assured me you don't just established residency in Texas but you are naturalized. What is the process?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin
Beto in wisconsin

Re: Texas-annual meeting and Ebola

I haave already looked up ranges in San Antonio and plan a trip tommorow to try out my "new" enfield 38. If there is a long delay in getting our fifth wheel into the shop I might be able to get to the meeting though I would be a commuter
Last edited by beto on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin
Beto in wisconsin

beto wrote:I haave already looked up ranges in San Antonio and plan a trip tommorow to try out my "new" enfield 38.
Okay, your a Texan after tomorrow! So as a new Texan y'all should come to Austin and welcome the foreigners to Texas! :beer2:
All kidding aside, welcome!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

beto wrote:
Simmer down wrote:Gov Perry has the state on faith-based precautions.
Maybe we should send him to Liberia to minister to the stricken
No that job should go to the foreigners Ted and Daddy Cruz.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Paladin wrote:I want to know if we are going to do some border patrol.
Only between the liberal and right wing areas of Austin :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I had quite enough of San Antonio in 1972, thankyouverymuch!

"O five hundred! Get up! Get up! Get up!"
"YER other left AIRMAN!!!!"
"Flight, tenHUT! Forward-HARCH! Het-too-threee-foWAH Het-too-threee-foWAH"
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

SwampGrouch wrote:I had quite enough of San Antonio in 1972, thankyouverymuch!

"O five hundred! Get up! Get up! Get up!"
"YER other left AIRMAN!!!!"
"Flight, tenHUT! Forward-HARCH! Het-too-threee-foWAH Het-too-threee-foWAH"
Sounds like you had the time of your life! :roflmao: Even after 40+ years, we could do a reenactment for you! :beer2: :roflmao:

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

beto wrote:I haave already looked up ranges in San Antonio and plan a trip tommorow to try out my "new" enfield 38. If there is a long delay in getting our fifth wheel into the shop I might be able to get to the meeting though I would be a commuter
FYI, Lone Star Handgun is the only range with distance out to 600 yds I think. Otherwise, I usually just go to A place to shoot which has a 100 yd range and nice folks.

spara wrote:
beto wrote:I haave already looked up ranges in San Antonio and plan a trip tommorow to try out my "new" enfield 38. If there is a long delay in getting our fifth wheel into the shop I might be able to get to the meeting though I would be a commuter
FYI, Lone Star Handgun is the only range with distance out to 600 yds I think. Otherwise, I usually just go to A place to shoot which has a 100 yd range and nice folks.
And it's about an hour from San Antonio, a Texas grocery run!

sikacz wrote:
spara wrote:
And it's about an hour from San Antonio, a Texas grocery run!
There's another Lone Star Handgun east of San Antonio about 15-20 minutes east of downtown on I-10. It' s all steel so you can shoot rifle, shotgun and pistol.