Re: Updates from Texas

CDFingers wrote:
begemot wrote:Sounds like fun. Wish I could've made it. Maybe next year. :(
Yeah: I'm going to try to make it next year, too. I'll start saving now. But what if a .30-06 Garand makes an appearance? Stay tuned.

CDFingers
My M1 did make an appearance but the rifle range was full so went over to shotguns and pure joy ensued. Never went back to see a spot was open for the M1. Next thing we know...lunch time.

Everything is bigger in Texas
Texas LTC Holder
Postal Match Winner: 2017 Q1 Rimfire, 7 Yd Division, Glass, S&W Victory 22

Catalyst wrote:
CDFingers wrote:
begemot wrote:Sounds like fun. Wish I could've made it. Maybe next year. :(
Yeah: I'm going to try to make it next year, too. I'll start saving now. But what if a .30-06 Garand makes an appearance? Stay tuned.

CDFingers
My M1 did make an appearance but the rifle range was full so went over to shotguns and pure joy ensued. Never went back to see a spot was open for the M1. Next thing we know...lunch time.
er, I meant if one presented itself to me for sale. That would put a crimp in my travel budget but put a smile on my face. It's a year in the future. Who knows what fun may insert itself between now and then?
Wishing well with a golden bell
Bucket hanging clear to hell
Hell halfway twixt now and then
Stephen fill it up and lower down
And lower down again
What song? Stephen would answer if he only knew how.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Paladin wrote:

Drinking
...and dancing, and playing pool, and kiddin' around with the bartenders, and that handsome fella with them test tubes filled with neon pink and neon blue "liquids"....wow!

Fun was had!

I'm surprised we don't have more pics from that evening...or maybe we do!!!! :oops:

Xela
"We are all born mad. Some remain so." Waiting for Godot

"...as soon as there is language, generality has entered the scene..." Derrida

Inquisitor wrote:
senorgrand wrote:Early vote for Vegas. :)
If only we had a chapter out west that was full of motivated people...
Reno is way closer to that part of motivated CA than Las Vegas...so I vote for Reno area. Also the location of a great law enforcement reality TV series known as Reno 911. :roflmao:

Texas LTC Holder

Catalyst wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:
Reno is way closer to that part of motivated CA than Las Vegas...so I vote for Reno area. Also the location of a great law enforcement reality TV series known as Reno 911. :roflmao:
I seem to recall Reno being discussed as next year's venue... (particularly once I made it clear that Wyoming wasn't gonna happen as I'm probably the entire Wyoming membership :laugh: )
Anything unattempted remains impossible.

Like coffee? (or tea?)

SmokeFan wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:
I seem to recall Reno being discussed as next year's venue... (particularly once I made it clear that Wyoming wasn't gonna happen as I'm probably the entire Wyoming membership :laugh: )
Too bad, I'll use any excuse to go to Wyoming. Used to work for the Forest Service in Kemmerer, but I love roaming around the whole state.

SmokeFan wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:
I do recall you saying that. Does Casper even have any hotels we can stay at??? I KID I KID!!!

Texas LTC Holder

My thought on vegas is that a direct flight can be had from almost any major-ish airport. And they're relatively cheap. CA's could also drive...with cars packed with gunz!

I thought the next one was going to be back east and we would be westward ho again in 2016?

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Vega$ sounds good...let me check in with my brother and his husband with connections in the hotel industry... they know some great spots to go shooting in the desert.. and of course all the great party spots... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

whoops was that a statement of intention to organize???

If we decide to go to vegas then let me know.

Is a visit to a machine gun range mandatory?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

drigeba wrote:Vega$ sounds good...let me check in with my brother and his husband with connections in the hotel industry... they know some great spots to go shooting in the desert.. and of course all the great party spots... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

whoops was that a statement of intention to organize???

If we decide to go to vegas then let me know.

Is a visit to a machine gun range mandatory?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Why don't you take a look at what's possible? We needn't stay on the strip.

I have done 2 conventions in 2 different industries in Vegas. Great convention hub.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Vegas.....if ever there was a place that made me want to join the doom'n'gloom sandwich board crowd.

On the other hand, we could go to the Liberace museum.

Double edit: it closed in 2010. Damn!
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

I'm not a huge fan of Vegas itself, but I know there are plenty of spots within a 20 minute drive that provide good shooting. A bit of scouting would probably yield a spot that allows all three disciplines to coexist, so people can rotate around without having to worry about other customers getting in the way or being annoyed. Would take a scouting trip to make sure.

Also, Southern Nevada is better in the spring. Are we ready to make this thing biannual?

.22LR - .380ACP - 9mm - .38Spl/.357Mag - .45ACP - 5.56NATO - .308Win - .45-70Gov - 12Ga
Join!