Re: Being a Democrat and Loving Guns

Seems so stupid that the right would reject us lefties even though we support the 2A as strongly as they do. Why not embrace all political beliefs that support the 2A?

No fun getting beat up on right wing gun forums but sometimes I just can't resist reminding them there are other political opinions. Course, no one's gonna change anyone else's political or religious views.

Its total BS about our guns being taken. First, the folks who would take them - military and LEO all swear to uphold the Constitution and 99.9% are serious about upholding the Constitution rather than some stupid confiscation order. And it would be the Generals and Admirals and Sheriffs and Chiefs of Police that would lead the resistance to such an order.

And even if 100% of the G.I.s and cops were brainwashed into following orders take our guns we still outnumber them about 80 to 1. We'd win. There just is no gun grabbing boogie man. Its a ploy to raise money just like some TV preacher screaming about the devil and sending him money to save you.

Course the right is also busy slashing education budgets so folks grow up stupid enough to believe their insane ranting's.

Yes, I have an opinion on that. I was raised far right Republican. My grandfather drug me along to John Birch Society meetings in my teens. I was a registered Republican for 37 years....then one day I noticed I was registered Republican but never voted for their candidates. Figured if I'm voting for all the Democrats after researching candidate positions I'd best join the Democratic party and did. Then years of working in areas of deep poverty made it clear the sad difference between the bluster of the fat cat rich republicans in their ivory towers and mansions and the rest of the citizens of the U.S. struggling to get by day-to-day.

I'm for Liz Warren but guessing since she's refusing its gonna be Bernie Sanders for me. Hell, independents have won the presidency before - why not again?
"Get off my lawn."

I stepped into the hell that is the right in the past few days and they verbally beat the living shit out of me.

The Shew v. Malloy lawsuit is building up steam here. With rulings out of other circuits, cases much further along in the process than Shew -CT gun owners are watching carefully. And the groups at the front of the fight are asking for more money. Legal fights are expensive.

Anyway, I started following one of the biggest groups on FB., and found most of them to not be too horrific. Friday, the discussion turned to joining the NRA. I commented that I had been considering joining (the bulk of the ranges require NRA memberships), and my main question was did the NRA help out directly with the fight here against Malloy. They said they had, at which point in time I said I would join, but I had a distinct distaste for St. Ted. Well, that was it.

I was arrested, tried, convicted, executed, buried, dug up, re-tried, re-convicted, re-executed, re-buried. I said I had no respect for a draft dodger. And I found him to be a rude, crass, narcissistic misogynous jackass. I don't think of him as being a "true patriot" like he proclaims himself, because when his country called, he became Turd Nugget. My dad was in Vietnam. His life was cut short by Agent Orange. My brother, Desert Storm/Shield. His life will also be cut short due to Gulf War Syndrome. And in the midst of them crucifying me, I find out my son is going for four months of training in Arizona and then being deployed. Most likely, Af-Crap-istan.

I reiterated I would not worship at the alter of St. Ted. That he's a coward.

I might as well have renounced my citizenship. I gave it up - said I was done discussing it - and that was it. There was one in particular who kept goading me and baiting me. Meanwhile, on another gun page, I was talking with two people who got banned from the same group for expressing their opinions. We compared notes. Well, guess who else was on this page -- the guy who kept baiting and goading me. And he started in on me again. I ended up taking myself out of the original group and I will not support them. I ordered stickers to put on my car from them. They haven't come in yet. I'll be sending them back, telling them to keep their $8 and maybe buy a muzzle for that one guy. I found out that this guy has been the reason behind a lot of people leaving the group.

Meanwhile, I did join the NRA. Again, only because the majority of ranges require it for memberships and discounts.
First of all, let's call it what it really is...It's not a gun buy-back, because the government never owned them. It's a gun turn in.

I'm more worried about Republicans doing the gun-grabbing. It may not be on their immediate agenda because they need the dumbass vote, but once they're in control of most everything it's only a matter of time.
We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth,
and there is a vast ignorance of science.
James Lovelock

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

axel wrote:I'm more worried about Republicans doing the gun-grabbing. It may not be on their immediate agenda because they need the dumbass vote, but once they're in control of most everything it's only a matter of time.
Does it seem to you that most of the gun elitists are republicans? Or is it just me - with the exception of Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly -- but they are the ones who are fueling the "no ammo/Obama is gonna grab your guns/etc."

Yeah - I went ahead and joined the NRA - just for the discounts and because a lot of ranges require it for membership. There is one range that I really want to get a membership to. Outdoor range - membership is $125/year. It's $50/year if you volunteer one weekend a quarter as a NRA-trained RSO. Can't beat that. But, you gotta be an NRA member.

I did opt to not get the monthly magazines. And when their mailings come in, I'll be putting them in my pile to use in our firepit. LOL Seems to be what they are most useful for.
First of all, let's call it what it really is...It's not a gun buy-back, because the government never owned them. It's a gun turn in.

Riverkilt wrote:Seems so stupid that the right would reject us lefties even though we support the 2A as strongly as they do. Why not embrace all political beliefs that support the second amendment.
Because a lot of them don't give much of a shit about gun rights. It's a stalking horse to attack people they oppose for other reasons. That's one of the main reasons I'd like to see progressives that gun control off the table entirely, in the hopes of people being forced to attack them for the real reasons they want to and expose their toxic nonsense for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk