Sports cars on my mind. . .

The 2015+ Ford Mustang is hot. I mean, just gorgeous. I accidentally took one for a test drive a couple weeks ago and now I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a Competition Orange GT with the performance pack.

Talk me into or out of this purchase.

(.22 TCM - 9x19 - .357 Mag - 10mm - .45 ACP - .44 Mag - 7.62x39 - .308 Winchester - 7.62x54R - 12ga)

Re: Sports cars on my mind. . .

PaulB wrote:Hmmm, I wonder what kind of MPG it gets... ;)

I always looked at cars and trucks as basically utilitarian vehicles. When I wanted performance, I always looked to motorcycles.

Get yourself a Corolla and the fastest sport bike you can find. A Hayabusa maybe. You'll save a wad of cash. :lol:
Or a Fiat Abarth if you want a little of both. :)
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote:

I always looked at cars and trucks as basically utilitarian vehicles. When I wanted performance, I always looked to motorcycles.

Get yourself a Corolla and the fastest sport bike you can find. A Hayabusa maybe. You'll save a wad of cash. :lol:
Or a Fiat Abarth if you want a little of both. :)
Plain Jane mini.

My snub nose car.

KnightsFan wrote:In good conscience I can't talk you out of this. The 2015 Mustangs are fantastic. Does it handle as well as they designed it to? Somebody in my complex has one and I leer at it every day.
It's really surprising how well it handles. Way, way beyond any Mustang or Camaro I've ever driven.

(.22 TCM - 9x19 - .357 Mag - 10mm - .45 ACP - .44 Mag - 7.62x39 - .308 Winchester - 7.62x54R - 12ga)

Funny you should mention that. . . :)

I've been a bike guy for years and years and years. However, after getting run off the road on my Ducati the other day (Multistrada 1200) by a really shitty aggressive driver in an Altima I decided that I'm done commuting on bikes. I want something fun to drive, but with AC. I'll take the bikes out on the weekends now.

I have a Multistrada 1200, a Suzuki B-King (Hayabusa engine, naked frame), a Honda CX500T I restored (factory turbo from 1982!), and I'm building an overbored KZ1300.

I will never own a Corolla. Good god no.

I've had almost as many motorcycles as guns - well, almost - and I'm over those for daily use. Commuting I'd rather have A/C, comfort, cup holders and a good stereo over getting to work drenched in sweat after half a dozen assassination attempts against me. My car is close enough in handling and acceleration to give me my fix :D