light strikes

On a recent range trip I experienced my first two light strikes, ever. The weird thing was they were on two different guns, using different makes and calibers of ammo.

First the click, then nothing. Waited for a hang fire, then ejected. Both cartridges went boom when tried again.

The first was in a Kahr P380. I really like that pocket gun, and it shoots accurately and softly, compared to many .380s. It sure does get fouled quickly, though. After about 75 rounds, it begins to get sticky and hesitates going fully into battery on occasion. Not a good gun to carry when dirty. Ammo used: UMC .380 bulk.

The second was in a Glock G17. This was more of a surprise, as it was the first hiccup of any kind in that gun. It was clean and the light strike came at around the 50th shot. Maybe I got a crumb of something in the striker channel when I cleaned it? No other issues for the rest of the shoot. Ammo used: Winchester white box 115gr. 9mm.

Both rounds that didn't fire the first time appeared to be well-dimpled, too.

Anyhow, I just thought it was strange that I got my first two ever (in my guns, at least) on one trip, two guns, two makes of ammo.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Re: light strikes

I would have to call that chance. I mean, two guns with different types of ammo....there's no common element, except you. :)
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police