Performers at Inauguration

After weeks of speculation, Donald Trump’s inaugural committee has shared its list of performers for next week’s celebrations.

Country music star Toby Keith, rock band 3 Doors Down and patriotic staple Lee Greenwood join a roster that includes “America’s Got Talent” runner-up Jackie Evancho, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Bruce Springsteen cover band the B Street Band and the Radio City Rockettes.

“I’m honored to be part of history again and sing for President-elect Donald Trump,” said Greenwood, best known for his signature song “God Bless the USA.” “This is a time to overcome challenges in our country and band together.”

“President-elect Trump has made it clear that this inaugural is of, by, and for the American people,” committee chairman Tom Barrack said in a statement released Friday. “The 58th Inaugural will celebrate American history and heritage, while setting the course to a brighter and bolder future for all Americans.

“Above all,” Barrack continued, “it will serve as tribute to one of our greatest attributes, the peaceful transition of partisan power.”

Next week’s festivities strike a different tone than President Obama’s inaugural celebrations, which included appearances by Beyoncé, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder and James Taylor.

But performing for Trump comes with its own risks and challenges.

Tony Award winner Jennifer Holliday was included in Friday’s official announcement as a scheduled performer, sparking criticism from fans.

Holliday’s publicist, Bill Carpenter, told the Wrap, “Jennifer has been asked to perform, but she hasn’t officially agreed to do so yet.”

Evancho, 16, has been under fire in the weeks since her participation was announced.

“I hope to just kind of make everyone forget about rivals and politics for a second and just think about America and the pretty song that I’m singing,” Evancho told CBS News in an interview scheduled to air on “CBS Sunday Morning” on Sunday. “I’m hoping that I can bring people together.”

All of Friday’s announced performers can be found on the official inauguration website here.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mu ... story.html

Thomas Barrack, head of the Inaugural Committee is an old Trump friend.
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-p ... story.html
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Re: Performers at Inauguration

Heard Paul Anka was in, and now he is out.

We might not know who's playing, until they play.. !

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Mikeinmich wrote:What happened to the Rockettes?
Their bosses claimed they had the right to refuse. Maybe that was true?

- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

They are on the list:

"...Toby Keith, rock band 3 Doors Down and patriotic staple Lee Greenwood join a roster that includes “America’s Got Talent” runner-up Jackie Evancho, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Bruce Springsteen cover band the B Street Band and the Radio City Rockettes."

Yes, some of the Rockette's objected so they probably substituted temporary dancers.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Wino wrote:Sometimes it just takes a nudge to come to one's senses.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... -after-all
how can someone get this far into the process and not know the basics of what's going on? these bubbles they're living in seem to be impervious to nearly everything. light, sound, brainwaves, you name it. maybe we should make tinfoil hats, tanks and bullet-proof vests out of them.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

I think one of his most vocal celebrity supporters should supply the music. Especially this golden oldie from his music career days.

Scott Baio "How Do You Talk to Girls"

https://youtu.be/TuPVhfgVkCk

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

No B Street Band for Turnip. Guess it is Lee Greenwood and stand ins for the Rockettes

Hell he couldn't even get The Turd to play for him.

He will have the US Military bands playing but they have to under orders. Maybe they could play Turnip's patriotic ones like the Volga River Boatman or Under the Double Eagle, and to top it off The Horst Wessel Song.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Your kidding, a bar cover band drops out? Lol. And I noticed every interview with Tody Keith he states he is performing for the troops and the American people. Not once have I seen him suggest he is there for Trump. I still hope he drops out 10 minutes before show time, but at least he os stating his case.

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Just reading . apparently both Toby Keith and the B street band has played Obama inaugural balls. B street played both of them, 09, 13. http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... n-drop-out

Correction, Keith did not play inauguration, but have played for Obama, and Bush.

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/01/14/to ... rformance/
- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

They are claiming John Voight as performing at the show, because he agrees to introduce the VP.

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Here's a real good one.
Seems the CT's inaugural committee didn't invite Kanye West, a supposedly friend of CT to preform because they said the inauguration was to be Traditionally American. :shock: :o
With the president-elect’s inauguration committee seemingly having such a tough time locking in major talent for Friday’s big events, you’d think they’d be begging for Kanye West to make an appearance. But committee chairman Tom Barrack Jr. told CNN that the rapper wasn’t even asked to perform.

Damn @kanyewest couldn’t even get to perform at this friend @realDonaldTrump‘s inauguration b/c the event is “Traditionally American”. pic.twitter.com/wu3EezncR2

— Unstripped Voice (@UnstrippedVoice) January 18, 2017
“He’s been great. He considers himself a friend of the president-elect, but it’s not the venue,” said Barrack.

And the chairman’s reasoning was objectively awful.

“It’s going to be typically and traditionally American, and Kanye is a great guy. We just haven’t asked him to perform. We move on with our agenda,” he said.

West is known for doing some outlandish things at times. We get it. For instance, when he endorsed Trump. That was pretty unexpected. But to say the inaugural celebrations are not “the venue” because the event is “typically and traditionally American” is a poor choice of words that suggests rap music, which was bred in America, doesn’t have a place in an inauguration lineup featuring predominantly white artists.

For those wondering, your “typically and traditionally American” inauguration lineup includes Toby Keith, whose “Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue” has the lyrics, “We’ll put a boot in your ass / It’s the American way.”

Yeah. Y’all sure you don’t want to still ask Kanye?

For those keeping track, putting boots in asses is, evidently, “traditionally American.” Great. Looking at Keith and the rest of the underwhelming inauguration lineup, however, it’s clear that putting asses in seats is not.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kan ... 69667e9e47

Well not surprising the CT only wants white people performing at his inauguration. It was reported widely during the primaries, when he was at one of his properties and stayed there only white maids were permitted to clean his rooms and white wait staff was to serve him. Even then he preferred "hot" females to serve him.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

I saw today for the couple minutes I had it on, they avoided showing the meager crowd at the ceremony when Obama was announced and came out. They also muted the crowd some because many of the " you should go to show respect for the process and tradition" were chanting "Trump-Trump-Trump" as Obama made his was to his spot on the Capital Steps.

- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Attendance at the swearing-in was expected to be between 700,000 and 900,000, or about half the size of the crowds attracted by Obama in 2009, according to the Department of Homeland Security. Light rain fell throughout the morning. Many of the city’s subway stations, packed eight years ago for the nation’s first black president, were sparsely filled on Friday, as employees throughout the region were given the day off.
But even as Trump rode to electoral victory by exploiting that anger, he has been unable to persuade most Americans to join him.

Just 40% of Americans hold a favorable impression of Trump, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released this week. That’s lower than the approval ratings for Presidents George W. Bush (62%), George H. W. Bush (65%), Obama (79%), Reagan (58%) and Carter (78%) before their inaugurations.
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-p ... story.html