Re: Fun conversation with anti gun progressive

The grisly advice from several LE friends is, in that situation shoot to kill. Wound them, and you are not only going to deal with us, but a lot of litigation on their behalf.

The whole scenario sickens me to no end, but no one minds killing a rabid dog.

Having words with antis is worse than a root canal... :see_stars:

A good day is when neither comes up! :yahoo:

Subs
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

Every piece of advice I've ever been given on the subject, and every piece of advice I have ever given to others, is to either shoot at center of mass repeatedly until target falls down... or don't even draw your weapon in the first place.

But once the target is neutralized, and it's safe to perform emergency first aid, you do that. That's what a decent, civilized human being does, and that's the first thing your lawyer wants the police to see you doing.
Viktyr C Gehrig
United States Pirate Party

Korimyr wrote:Honestly, I would rather lay my own life down than let someone steal the dryer lint out of my pants pocket. Too many people have victimized me, too many people have gotten away with victimizing me, and I am sick and fucking tired of living in a world where people think they can just take whatever they want from whomever they want, and other people think their victims should just let them.

If someone kicks down my door, there's going to be a fight. I will try to keep them alive if I win, but only after I win.

If nothing in my house is worth somebody else's life, why are they risking their lives to steal it?
According to Mrs. Wishy Washy " maybe he is just trying to feed his kids and needs it ", so this is justification for their actions, commuting several crimes?
How dare you protect yourself, family and home this person has violated. :sarcasm:

Having been victimized myself several times (burglary, robbery w/weapon and assault) I'll protect myself.
I don't relish the idea of shooting/killing someone, I'm resolved in my mind and I will act when my life and others are threatened in my home or on my property. If me having a FA stops the threat then great, I don''t have to shoot someone...it's better that they leave.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

Korimyr wrote:But once the target is neutralized, and it's safe to perform emergency first aid, you do that. That's what a decent, civilized human being does
Thank you for saying this Viktyr, it is what a decent, civilized human being does. I hope I never have to shoot anyone for any reason. But if I do, and it's safe, I hope I can save him/her with first aid.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

This is taken from another post titled, "Where are we go wrong?"
So I offer this: Instead of cowboy up (man up), I'm going to 'bunker down'. To bunker down, do the following: Right now, explore you bedroom for the safest cover. Usually it is that big heavy dresser. Keep your gun, flashlight and cell phone there. If you are going to be 'fumbling while waking up' let it be in the couple of seconds it takes to roll out of bed and get behind the dresser. Finish waking behind cover. Then draw your gun, dial 911, and yell who's there (you can always tell 911 it was a false alarm later). Lay the phone down, pick up flashlight and wait for a response.
If the response is:

1. Running and the front door opening-- do nothing, wait for cops to arrive and clear house, the burglars buddy may have frozen and is hiding with his gun.

2. The sound of your teenager saying "are you nuts, it's me." Well then, go back to bed.

3. Slurred speech from a guy that sounds like your drunk neighbor. Stay where you are and tell him he has the wrong house and to leave. (remember the 911 operator is listening and will send cops to arrest him for his own safety.)

4. Gimme your damn money mother------, and the sound of footsteps coming down the hallway. Yell "get out, I'm armed". If he doesn't leave, THEN you have done everything you could, if he enters the room, shoot immediately. The 911 recording will prove you side of the story.

This is my plan, I hope this might help. If the gun community was as interested in sharing Bunker down as they are in promoting cowboy up, we wouldn't have these stories of innocents being shot.
Includes minor editing for grammar and clarity.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Agree with the general consensus... won't shoot to protect property only to protect life or prevent serious harm... my house is arranged in such a way as to make that feasible... I consider any attempt to get to my weapons collection in the "prevent harm" category.. house is arranged to prevent that.

So many things these days that you can get to tag personal property so it is trackable and traceable

https://www.thetrackr.com/bravo/?utm_so ... gIg8vD_BwE This one is nice because anybody else in the world that is using trackr and has the app on their phone will pick up your lost item and forward the location to your phone

https://www.lowes.com/pd/TILE-Tile-Pro- ... gLQrPD_BwE

And for those that worry about court costs get self defense insurance it isn't expensive I have Second Call .. shop around there are others the NRA just came out with a program

Best insurance you can get is to find an attorney specializing in self defense thru your local bar association and have an hour sit down face to face and have him explain the law and exactly what he needs you to do before during and after to give her ( or him) the best chance of defending your actions .. clubs or groups can set a group meeting with an attorney..

Look, you are going to want to tell the police a very limited amount of info if the worse happens, and you will want to tell them to talk to your attorney or for them to contact your attorney or that you want to talk to your attorney... for that to work.. you need to have an attorney in the first place. Time to find interview and select an attorney is now.. or if you know in advance when the worse will happen :laugh: at least a couple weeks before that date.. shouldn't cost much more than an hour or two of what a good therapist charges and will give you infinitely more peace of mind.. as well as inform all your preps. Usually the attorney's fee will also include putting the attorney on retainer .. but , if that is what you want, make sure you explicitly state that, if you feel good about the meeting.. if it isn't a good match shop around until you find one you trust with your life and freedom.

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance

I have discovered that a would-be intruder's true intentions are often thwarted by the presence of a dog. I think that I would end up calling 911 to get an ambulance for any intruder stupid enough to take on my "home alarm systems".
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Yeah dogs are good... I've got 5, all rescues.. the two newest and youngest don't pprove of strangers or rearranging the furniture, anything that looks or sounds out of place or new or unusual .. I got two old dogs that will back up humans .. I tell a story about a salesman/ scammer trying to hustle a roof shingle cleaning scam at the front door and trying to talk his way in to my spouse who answered the door.. who left real fast when a large pit bull with a scared up face and a boxer with the weird mouth snaggle tooth thing came up behind my spouse and posted either side of her at the door... and then there is the Pyr... never been tested.. does the typical Pyr things herds dogs and cats .. breaks up dogs playing rough .. sleeps in the doorway between the world and us does the typical Pyr hug exceptionally well .. does the Pyr Review with strangers.. does not do the Pyr one paw crush on disobedient animals ( My first Pyr did that great ) You have to understand.. you can't train Pyrs to be Pyrs.. you can teach them standard dog tricks and obedience training (If they think it doesn't matter or conflict with their better judgement.. Pyrs were bred to handle things, within their wheelhouse, without human guidance, shepherds got to sleep, protecting the flock is 24/7).. but you can't teach them herding or protecting the flock. For some 3000 to maybe as far back as 11000 years depending on who you cite, Pyrs underwent a pretty strict training regime .. if they protected the flock they got fed, if they didn't, they got eaten. They are afraid of nothing ( some people mistake a Pyr's cautious approach while sizing up a situation as shyness, but when the threat is clear they are blindingly fast) http://www.great-pyrenees-club-of-south ... -dogs.html but they seldom attack to kill.. they have tactics, singularly to a lesser degree .. but in packs they are tactical geniuses.. they definitely kill to eat.. but for protection they do their dangdest to scare off the threat and then they go a little bit farther to convince the threat to never come back .. My Pyr has all the major behavior hallmarks of the breed.. but has not yet had to defend his flock ( his humans and the normal Dogs in the house) it's a test I hope he never has to meet.

My son has a rescue Whippet/Greyhound........ that cannot figure out why it can't catch the Pyr in a chase unless the Pyr let's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVkv5mVVA1k

Protection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MauB2wZa_9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeBT97Ikcko

Rescue info .. very expensive to buy out right... lots of rescues because Pyrs are not really apartment dogs and are hard to train as in what do you mean the kids have to go to school> I saw stranger and those cars driving by look dangerous and nobody is leaving here without me last time the kids got out a large yellow monster the size of a house ate them and took them away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEr3F0jTdww if the kids leave today I will singthe song of my people until they get home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJivskcAHkE

lets discuss this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRWaFNdT1BM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-aapKgJhk8

Mine does this everytime my spouse leave the house for a few minutes.. and now the Pyr has taught the two new dogs to song harmony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aotyq1gQw4

just so you know.. the famous Pyr hug .. my mother in law is 90 about 5 foot and fairly frail.. my Pyr will stand up on two legs and hug her and not put an ounce of weight on her , front leg wrap around only .. they just know.. when I get a hug, I get about 20 pounds of head pressed in my bosom for good measure.

rough stuff.. don't watch if sensitive // One Pyr two wolves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eatQSKaUIQQ
Last edited by Sarge on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FaerieGodfather wrote:Dogs are a better investment for home security than guns.

But guns do not aggravate my mental disorders the way dogs do.
Then you haven't yet experienced a stinkin' rotten orange cat! He causes about 10-20 times the aggravation that the other cat and the 2 super-active collie-sized shepherds in our house can create.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Great to hear you have rescue dogs, Sarge! They are some of the best companions.

FaerieGodfather, I agree with you that they are a great home security investment... as long as the investment is chiefly time, love, and training (at least some training, right?).

OP, I just realized that I sorta helped hijack this thread. Sorry about that.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Have you decided what to do when the dog dies defending your home. Club, knife, guns are frequently brought to crime scenes. While any invader of my house may trip over my dog, I don't anticipate any teeth being used.

A human being, while still alive, is still a danger. Unless you have some training is disarming and restraining, getting close enough to a downed home invader puts you in reach of any edged weapons of any concealed guns, and can put your own weapons in reach of the bleeding lump on your carpet. Don't assume being shot several times removes their wish to harm you in some way. Call 911 and tell them to hurry as he seems to be bleeding out and you really don't want to have to shoot him anymore. The cops prefer to have backup present when disarming someone. You should wait.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

dougb wrote:Have you decided what to do when the dog dies defending your home. Club, knife, guns are frequently brought to crime scenes. While any invader of my house may trip over my dog, I don't anticipate any teeth being used.

A human being, while still alive, is still a danger. Unless you have some training is disarming and restraining, getting close enough to a downed home invader puts you in reach of any edged weapons of any concealed guns, and can put your own weapons in reach of the bleeding lump on your carpet. Don't assume being shot several times removes their wish to harm you in some way. Call 911 and tell them to hurry as he seems to be bleeding out and you really don't want to have to shoot him anymore. The cops prefer to have backup present when disarming someone. You should wait.
I have thought about that and have been asked about it before. For me, in the unlikely event that an intruder (or intruders) were to "win the battle" against canines, I would have already been on the phone with 911. I have a HD weapon that is designed to help with the scenario you describe (SKS with bayonet).

It is more likely that I would be calling an ambulance for the intruder because he/she/they would not fare well against the dogs. If multiple assailants were so well trained and motivated to survive those dogs, I suspect that burglary wouldn't be the motive for the break-in. The best anyone could do in that situation is hope to hold them off until LE arrives.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Attachments
exDDRpix196471907.jpg

YankeeTarheel wrote:
lurker wrote:dogs :thumbup: even little yappy ones.
Dogs: big, noisy furry ones that look like wolves!
:jerry:
Check - got one of those furry wolfy ones. Belgian Tervuren. He loves his peeps and curls up with us to watch TV in the evening. I have no doubt that he would tear a new orifice in any stranger who entered the house unannounced and he's not even full grown yet. I have to close him behind an interior door when we have pizza delivery because he goes from gentle, loving furrball to snarling, snorting, barking maniac in nothing-flat. If someone hears all of that and decides to still go towards it instead of run the other way, then I seriously need to have my weapon out.

dougb wrote:Have you decided what to do when the dog dies defending your home. Club, knife, guns are frequently brought to crime scenes. While any invader of my house may trip over my dog, I don't anticipate any teeth being used.

I love that furball of mine. In my case, he is the alarm system. Anyone that steps within about 30 feet of my property and the alarm goes off. As far as I can tell, he's never off duty. He even goes to the window when he hears the our boys walking home from school - from a block away and with windows and doors shut. He's very protective but I would never put him in harms way - at least not intentionally.

I doubt anyone would break into my house with him going nuts barking on the inside - it's scary as hell. We have limited the access options coming into our house in order to protect our dog and ourselves. I would think anyone ignoring a dog who sounds like ours and entering a building would have to have very serious intentions or be completely out of their head. I don't want to ever have to cause harm to someone else, but in the case of a break-in, protection of my family comes first and I live in a state where I have a legal right to do so.

joemac wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote:
lurker wrote:dogs :thumbup: even little yappy ones.
Dogs: big, noisy furry ones that look like wolves!
:jerry:
Check - got one of those furry wolfy ones. Belgian Tervuren. He loves his peeps and curls up with us to watch TV in the evening. I have no doubt that he would tear a new orifice in any stranger who entered the house unannounced and he's not even full grown yet. I have to close him behind an interior door when we have pizza delivery because he goes from gentle, loving furrball to snarling, snorting, barking maniac in nothing-flat. If someone hears all of that and decides to still go towards it instead of run the other way, then I seriously need to have my weapon out.
Belgians rock! We've got a Belgian Sheepdog ( BSD) and a Terv. The BSD is a serious watchdog, but the Terv is the watch-and-eat-popcorn type, which is NOT typical of the breed, but she does bark at the door at least. We've mostly had Tervs over the years but the BSD is our 2nd black dog. She's a lovable scamp as well as a watchdog. Belgians are VERY devoted to their families.

Typical BSD:

Typical Terv:

All 4 Belgian Sheepdog breeds:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."