Re: Forum Maintenance Update

I'm back to having to sign in every time I return, even marking remember me. Any cure or recommendation?
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

https. Made that change awhile back and it resolved problem then. I even cleared cache hoping that would help to no avail. Recreated short cut for desktop and no change, still have to sign in every time.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Other than dumping entire cookie and browsing history to see if that would correct problem, which of course, I had to redo all my favorites places I go. They all work again after signing in - only LGC doesn't. Tried using Edge with same results.

Wino wrote:Other than dumping entire cookie and browsing history to see if that would correct problem, which of course, I had to redo all my favorites places I go. They all work again after signing in - only LGC doesn't. Tried using Edge with same results.
I have no idea why you are having the problem.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sikacz- your issue is the mobile site doesn't show that data, only the full website does.

Wino- I got nothing. Quiz and I looked at some additional things including a rabbit trail of a database issue (which it wasn't). Apparently in doing some reading, sometimes for a user here and there, the remember me thing just doesn't work right. Other than having you create a new user to see if it happens to you with that new login as well, not sure what else to tell you. If you do that and you can stay logged in, then there's an account based issue- if you still can't stay logged in then there may be an issue with your computer- try logging in from a different PC altogether and see if it works there for you.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Seems ok on an older XP machine, but then it was fine on the newer Win 10 until couple of days ago. had problem early on when using the HTTP, but resolved when changed link to HTTPS. few weeks back. Then started acting up coule days ago. Go figure. No biggie, just an extra step to get in.

shinzen wrote:Sikacz- your issue is the mobile site doesn't show that data, only the full website does.
<edit>
Is there a thingy that can be added to this site to allow selecting a desktop version. I've tried asking and selecting my browser Safari and now I downloaded and tried Chrome. Neither work on this site. They do work when I request a desktop on Facebook.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.