Re: Board updates continue

If some kind person would point me to the "Show New Messages" button, I would be most grateful. Other than that I'm doing okay finding my way around.

Thanks for dealing with this, Ed.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Look under "Quick Links" at the top left-hand corner. New Posts. That's where I go to find Active Topics, too.
Yer welcome. -Ed
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote:Look under "Quick Links" at the top left-hand corner. New Posts. That's where I go to find Active Topics, too.
Yer welcome. -Ed
And there they are! Thankee!
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Just curious what lead to the precognition that out of everyone on the board I would be the one to answer your question? -ESP much?
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Looks like folks are slowly trickling on to the new board style, what you are seeing is the new default. We also have several others installed if you don't like the look of it- you can choose in your user control panel. To switch to a different style, do the following:

Click on your name in the top right corner of the board
Select "User Control Panel"
Click on the "Board Preferences" Tab
Then there is a drop down menu called "My Board Style"

You can pick from any of them that are loaded there.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Ultravox wrote:I have to say that I don't care for any of the themes. :P

I agree. Most of the themes make it hard to read and hard to see the difference between the "no new messages" icon and the "new messages" icon. There's not enough color contrast. The one theme that does provide some contrast, lacks the "mark topics read" function.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Yeah, we dug through the available themes pretty thoroughly- these seemed to have the best options, particularly since we're trying to stay with the recommended base theme for compatibility sake.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:Yeah, we dug through the available themes pretty thoroughly- these seemed to have the best options, particularly since we're trying to stay with the recommended base theme for compatibility sake.

I've admined phpbb before, so I quite understand. I've just never been happy with the available themes for this system, nor for that matter, with the theme system itself. It requires too much custom coding in my opinion.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

here's an odd one. i have to log in twice for it to "take".
say what?
i fire up my browser, follow my bookmark to the login screen. i select my handle from the dropdown menu, which autofills my password, click the login button.
up comes the main menu, i'm not logged in. i have to click "Login" again, repeat the process, and voila everything is fine.
i thought it was just me at first, but it's repeatable if i'm deliberate.
if nobody else has this issue, forget it, i'll deal with it. my PC has issues. microsoft has been trying (and failing) to install a win10 update for a week.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?