Re: Happy Spring.

Spring snow, farmers around here call that free fertilizer. Snow is full of nitrogen and when it melts into the ground fairly soon after falling, the soil gets it all.

Over the years I have experienced many marches where it looks like spring has finally arrived, snows all gone, lots of warm weather along with the return of the birds and then one day WHAM a foot of snow falls. Thats real March madness. My wife and I are taking off tomorrow for an rv trip down south. Be back in early to mid April, I bet we drive through a blizzard on our way home.

Looks like the birds there are angry too, muttering plans to gang up and break into your house for seeds or sumthin.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Happy Spring.

Funny you should mention that. My wife, who has a karmic deficit from years working on cancer drug discovery in vivo and in vitro research, feeds the birds. We have at least 8 hanging feeders, three suet cages and several platform feeders. So far this winter we have gone through 400 pounds of black oil sunflower seeds, about 100 pounds of cracked corn and about 40 pounds of nyger seed. She orders special suet cakes. The pedestrian ones at Tractor Supply just won’t do, doncha know?

She went out and scattered seeds on top of the snow right after I took the image.

I just counted 17 cardinals in the tree outside of the kitchen window. I am claiming them all as dependents on my taxes.

You and your magnetic eggs...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

We're under a winter storm warning here in the OH-KY-IN tri-state area until tomorrow night, and may well see 7" of snow. Last night's ice storm left a nasty coating on my car this morning. Tomorrow night temps look to drop to 20 degrees.

I'm optimistic though. I'm rummaging through online listings for FL properties.
"Only voluntary, inspired self-restraint can raise man above the world stream of materialism. Our lives will have to change if we want to save life from self-destruction." ~ Alexander Solzhenitzyn

Bucolic wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:30 pmI just counted 17 cardinals in the tree outside of the kitchen window. I am claiming them all as dependents on my taxes.
LOL

You guys have really gotten dumped on this year, no water rationing to worry about in your areas. You have my sympathy. We have another Pineapple Express Storm (Pacific storm) aimed at So Cal, though my area probably won't see much rain. It's one of those passover years here, winter storms blow through enroute to the east and don't leave any moisture.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

As we await yet ANOTHER Nor'easter threatening to dump ANOTHER 8" on us, I'm reminded of the ditty my 9th grade French teacher gave us on the 1st day of Spring, 1970:
"Spring has sprung, the grass is rizz. I wonders where the flowers iz!"
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

MaxWyatt wrote:Is that blue blur what's left of the Bluebird of Happiness? Seems to be a cruel winter indeed.[/quote

Nothing so poetic. It’s a reflection of a cobalt glass lighting fixture in the window I was shooting through...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:29 pm As we await yet ANOTHER Nor'easter threatening to dump ANOTHER 8" on us, I'm reminded of the ditty my 9th grade French teacher gave us on the 1st day of Spring, 1970:
...we got 12" of snow coming to the Ohio River Valley this Saturday.
"Only voluntary, inspired self-restraint can raise man above the world stream of materialism. Our lives will have to change if we want to save life from self-destruction." ~ Alexander Solzhenitzyn

High to day 76 sunny and light breeze Saturday high of 84 Rain forecast for next week
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

OldScratch wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:11 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:29 pm As we await yet ANOTHER Nor'easter threatening to dump ANOTHER 8" on us, I'm reminded of the ditty my 9th grade French teacher gave us on the 1st day of Spring, 1970:
...we got 12" of snow coming to the Ohio River Valley this Saturday.

We had another 4-5' last night. Spent the morning clearing white shit AGAIN!!!! Snowblower failed twice--nothing major, but enough to make things tough when nuts loosen, fall off, and vanish in the snow.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."