Re: After spending years launching products for others, I designed a gun shaped door knob

While an interesting thought experiment or possibly a test of your own technological prowess, my own opinion is that this doorknob kinda misses the mark in why we love guns and lands in the outer rings in simply having the shape of a gun.

Point of fact is that pulling the trigger opens the door in this doorknob. While that may seem cute, it completely ignores all the importance we place on trigger (and also muzzle) awareness and basically brushes aside the near religious importance we place on gun safety as enthusiasts. This doorknob design frankly belittles gun safety.

I’m not sure what could be done to address that problem inherent in your design. But if your intent was to intimidate anyone visiting your front door, maybe this doorknob actually fits the bill.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Re: After spending years launching products for others, I designed a gun shaped door knob

highdesert wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:49 pm It would very quickly be made illegal in CA by our Legislature, probably other states too like NY, MA, NJ, CT, RI....
I was just think about that. How would it work in California could you get it on the Roster if you had a micro stamp on the door latch bolt?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

TrueTexan wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:59 pm
highdesert wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:49 pm It would very quickly be made illegal in CA by our Legislature, probably other states too like NY, MA, NJ, CT, RI....
I was just think about that. How would it work in California could you get it on the Roster if you had a micro stamp on the door latch bolt?
:lol:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

TrueTexan wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:59 pm
And you are limited to 10 pulls, after which a key must be used.
Glad that federal government is boring again.