Re: Democratic US Rep: AR-15 "...as heavy as 10 boxes...a .50 caliber..."

I am sympathetic, Marlene, as it really bugs me as well when Billy Bob Gun Owner paints everyone of color, gender, etc with the same sneering brush. I'm ashamed of being an old white guy. And I didn't do anything to deserve feeling ashamed.

But still...there are so many who look like me that are assholes i can't escape the stereotype I guess.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

VodoundaVinci wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:35 pm But still...there are so many who look like me that are assholes i can't escape the stereotype I guess.
Nobody looks like me so I don't have that problem. Oh. Wait. My brother looks like me and he sometimes DOES act like an asshole.... :angry:
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Marlene wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:20 pm I find the effervescent glee with which the (mostly white dudes) gun world sneers at women and people of color who say stupid shit like this to be bothersome. There’s an extra level of enthusiasm beyond when white dudes say similar shit. It gets to me.
They almost always choose to single out women first, especially women of color. It is a feature, not a bug.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote:
Marlene wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:20 pm I find the effervescent glee with which the (mostly white dudes) gun world sneers at women and people of color who say stupid shit like this to be bothersome. There’s an extra level of enthusiasm beyond when white dudes say similar shit. It gets to me.
They almost always choose to single out women first, especially women of color. It is a feature, not a bug.
I'm not saying she's ignorant because of her skin color. she's ignorant full stop. why would you think any of this is because of racism? she's an elected official from Texas with a demonstrated ignorance on guns spouting lies. where does race come in at all?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re: Democratic US Rep: AR-15

TEXGunny wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:36 am
K9s wrote:
I'm not saying she's ignorant because of her skin color. she's ignorant full stop. why would you think any of this is because of racism? she's an elected official from Texas with a demonstrated ignorance on guns spouting lies. where does race come in at all?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I didn't accuse you of anything. Just pointing out that most of the right-wing videos and memes attack Shiela Jackson Lee (TX), Frederica Wilson (FL), Maxine Waters (CA), and, now, AOC/Omar/Tlaib. When the Dem men say idiotic things, we laugh about it here on this forum. I don't see that same scrutiny from the right-wing.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt