Re: Barska Laser Products

Baikal49 wrote:Any good? Thinking of gettin a fed laser. Any one have experiences with the brand? Thanks.
Am I the only one who has no clue what a fed laser is?

Anyway, Barska is pretty low end. I regard lasers as a training aid, so I'm OK with a cheap one (BSA in my case), but for defensive use, I'd look towards Crimson Trace, LaserLyte, etc.

Waitaminnit... red laser?

Barska Laser Products

Agreed on the Barska products in general and in MtnMan's assessment. I have a cheap (NCStar?) laser on my 0.410 pump and it works fine but I am not really relying on it nor am I concerned that much if it does not hold zero (although, after 100 rounds or so, it is doing just fine).

I have Crimson Trace lasers on four other guns: CTC grip lasers on my LCR and .45 XDM and CTC Railmasters on my SR9C and my wife's 9mm XDM. I have no negative comments on the CTC products. They just work as advertised.

B

MtnMan wrote:
Baikal49 wrote:Any good? Thinking of gettin a fed laser. Any one have experiences with the brand? Thanks.

:lol: That threw me too. Is there some sort of federal laser? but yeah I guess red?

Anyway, this guy seems to have some pretty cheap stuff, but I've not bought from him before.
http://acidtactical.com
It was described as a home-run biz on a Glock forum. I thought I might try one out.
The reason you wouldn't want to burn the flag, is because you can.

DSLAM wrote:
MtnMan wrote:

:lol: That threw me too. Is there some sort of federal laser? but yeah I guess red?

Anyway, this guy seems to have some pretty cheap stuff, but I've not bought from him before.
http://acidtactical.com
It was described as a home-run biz on a Glock forum. I thought I might try one out.
Those red, fed issue lasers are hard to come by. A little reseatch leads me to think there are durability problems with the Barska lasers. I'm looking for a combo laser/200+ lumen rail light for my S&W SD9VE home defense pistol. Any recommendations?

I don't know anything about lasers, but I have a couple of Barska scopes on a couple of rifles. I know they are cheap, but so far so good. Have had them a couple of years now and I go to the range every Friday morning. For my purposes of only target shooting in nice weather these scopes have been fine.
xvigauge