Re: Reflex Sights

There are so many options, you'll need to narrow it down by budget, type of reticle, size, mounting options, durability and more.

Good starting points uncle Aimpount micros, meprolight, trijicon's low magnification models and Eotechs. I'll add more to the list as I think of them.
The Drop Bear, Thylarctos plummetus, is a large, arboreal, predatory marsupial related to the Koala.

Re: Reflex Sights

edfromnj wrote:I was kinda looking at Eotech 512, but was wondering if there was a lower cost alternative.
Meprolight M21 or Trijicon RMR can be found for under $500. There are also some good clones and budget brands that copy the Eotech for a few hundred.

512s have been around for a while, too - you may pick one up used for a good price.

I really like my amber triangle no-battery RMR, though it's not well suited for targets further than 200 yards. The new Aimpoint micros have a smaller dot and great battery life. I just prefer a reticle or chevron over a dot.
The Drop Bear, Thylarctos plummetus, is a large, arboreal, predatory marsupial related to the Koala.