Scope change for .45-70

My .45-70 has an uber neat, very long distance scope on it. I'd originally thought to shoot long distance with my .45-70, but enough range trips showed me that the howitzer style flight path would require shims for the scope. So I'm going to put the big scope on a flatter shooting rifle.

I have a BSA Deerhunter 2.5X20 long eye relief scope I'm going to put on in place of the big scope because it's likely I won't shoot the .45-70 beyond 200 meters. More likely not even beyond 150 meters. Now, this "long" eye relief apparently is for short-armed pistol shooters. I mounted it Gerry-rigged on a blank stock, and its eye relief is just a bit longer than my short eye relief scope that's already on there. I think it would be an easy transplant with zero tissue rejection. The mounts on the rifle are in the correct place to place this scope cleanly.

I read many reviews of the little BSA scope, and all said it would hold zero on all kinds of cannons, under all kinds of conditions, through many, many shots. Here's the BSA page with some reviews. I also read reviews at WalMart and Amazon.

http://www.bsaoptics.com/scope.aspx?productID=20

So, I'm asking, "Are they full of it?" When I put this scope on, will it crumble to dust after the seventh shot? It's not like I don't trust the reviews. But I did read it on the Internet. So I thought I'd ask the three of you who'll answer, what you thought.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: Scope change for .45-70

Didja buy it? Did it hold up? I have a Buffalo Classic (32" 45-70 H&R) that will need a scope eventually.
"Be weird; pay with cash!" - Dave Ramsey

"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live." - Tom McCall, 30th Governor of Oregon

Re: Scope change for .45-70

Well, I have a .444 Marlin that has a nice little scope on it...a small Burris 4x fixed power, small, light and rugged. It's an old Burris Mini, has duplex cross hairs and it is very clear and sharp.

mark
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson, failed lawyer, worth over $100 million...