Buying an old steel tube Weaver 6x...

I have really come to like 6x fixed power scopes. Very clear and lighter than an adjustable, and I have found that when hunting with a variable power scope, I'm generally set at the wrong power. No problems with the fixed power, and 6x is ideal for close and longer ranges.

The old Weavers are tough, very good glass and simple, and I'm looking forward to it. Probably mount it on the rifle I'm getting for my birthday in early August, an old - 1970's - Remington ADL .30-06 that I have laid away...

Any one else like older scopes?

I also have an old Colorado made Redfield 2 x 7 on my sporterized 98 Mauser in .308...it's a gem.

mark
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson, failed lawyer, worth over $100 million...

Re: Buying an old steel tube Weaver 6x...

I prefer a fixed 4x myself. I've got a current production Weaver that's as good as the ones I remember. I intend to use it again when I get my .22 hornet.

I've been eyeing a long eye relief 2.5x in a scout mount for my Arisaka too.

But I'll pass on the variables, personally.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Re: Buying an old steel tube Weaver 6x...

It's going on to an old - probably 1970's - Remington ADL .30-06 that I put on lay away for my 66th birthday in early August.

I doubt I will ever shoot it much, but I have always liked the 700's and never owned one.

mark
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians." Pat Robertson, failed lawyer, worth over $100 million...