Looking for silver red dot

I decided to pick up a Chiappa White Rhino. Reviews are mixed on these but I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it. Having spent all (and more) of my money on the revolver, I'm looking for a reasonably priced red dot.

My last experience with red dots dates back to the early '90's. I assume they still use batteries or do they use Mr. Fusions?

The thing is, I want the scope to match the gun. So pretty silvery colours are gooder.

Helpful suggestions are always welcome!

Re: Looking for silver red dot

Stainless and nickel are very hard to match.
Tasco and Truglo make decent red dots; I'd look at them if you're trying to stay under 100 bucks.

I wouldn't buy a Mueller, they have problems with their red dots not turning off.

I like the reddots that can accept aftermarket rings, instead of the built in ones. If you strip those allunimum rings you might as well throw the entire thing in the trash.

Reasonably priced being the key word- that could be anything from $40 to $400. For $200 you could get a Burris which is pretty darned good, like Simmer said, you'll probably need a fantastical graphics paint job on it though to make it match up. Also depends on whether you want a true red dot, or more of a reflex sight. That changes what you'd look at as well.

I have owned a tasco scope, it was ok- haven't picked up a truglo anything yet. I do have a UTG red dot, it was cheap- it's ok for my 22, but not a precision piece by any stretch of the imagination.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

curtism1234 wrote:The rhino is also a very strange gun. You're going to prob have to put some type of weaver riser on it to ensure the red dot clears. And that might have to be cut
http://www.gunsumerreports.com/review_c ... 0ds_p5.php

Looks like Aimpoint T1 and Burris Fastfire both work without modification. The C-More STS (my personal favorite) is only available in Black and Desert Tan. I had my stainless G20 slide cerakoted to match the STS, but I'm odd, and I wouldn't want to do that to a whole revolver whose whole purpose in life is to be silver.

I'm not a revolver guy and I've only seen photos of the Rhino, but with a very low center of the barrel and the sight being mounted so high above it, won't you have a lot of parallax error? I know the red dot sights I have mounted on my target pistols are deadly accurate for a fixed distance, they loose accuracy the further you get from that set distance. I'm only about .375ish above the barrel. I would think the greater the height above the barrel the more sensitive the sights would be to a set distance. This might not be as much of an issue with open sights, but I would be careful sinking a bunch of cash into an expensive optics system. It might not be a problem for ya, especially if you shoot at one distance only. I could be totally off base, but I think it needs to be considered.

Way cool gun by the way. I like the innovative way to put the recoil directly into the center of the hand by firing from the bottom of the cylinder. What caliber is it? Please let us know how it handles.

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill or anything, I've just noticed some things with my red dots and I thought I'd throw it out there for food for thought. Best of luck with it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Shower together to save water.

Thanks for the input, all.

I was thinking in the $200 range and the Burris Fast Fire and Speed Dot look really good to me. As was mentioned, trying to get the different silvers to match is a real challenge so I may just forget trying to look purty and get what works.

I hadn't thought of a possible parallax issue.

I just got the call from my dealer that the gun is in so I'll pick it up tomorrow and head to the range. Assuming it doesn't break I'll decide my next step then.

Well I thought I ordered the six inch version (the one with the 'rails' top and bottom) but I was mistaken. I actually ordered the five inch which does not have a mount on it. I posted some pictures here if you care. Hell, they're still here even if you don't care: http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... =7&t=22849

So I'm looking for a mount to replace the rear site like I've seen on some S&W revolvers. My eyes are just too fcked up to see traditional sights anymore I guess.