750 yd. .308 Optics on a Budget

I recently bought a Savage Model 10 in .308 with the goal of putting together a sub MOA rifle out to the 750 yard range and do it on a budget. The rifle came with Savage's Accutrigger, Accustock, and a 24" bull barrel. So the next obvious step, to me at least, is the mounts, rings, and optics. I already own three Leupold scopes, a Vari-X 2 2x7, a Vari-X 3 3x9, and a Vari-AR 4x12 and have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

I'm looking for recommendations for scopes in the $800 or less range, as I'm trying to do this on a budget. Any suggestions for rings and bases as well?

Thanks in advance.
"Knowledge without mileage is BULLSHIT!" -Henry Rollins

Re: 750 yd. .308 Optics on a Budget

I really liked shooting my buddy's 308 with a Nikon something or another on it. I think he said it was in the $500 range. Great light pickup, sharp optics, and I think he could even hook it up to a computer for some reason. Might have been the Monarch line.

However, to be clear, I wasn't shooting it at that type of range. He seemed pretty happy with it for a few hundred yards anyway.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Fukshot wrote:A few manufacturers make fixed power scopes intended for target work.

The Weaver T series is about $400-500. The Leupolds run about $1100. Sightron makes one too. If you don't need variable power, it's just an additional cost and an additional possibility for something to shift.

I'd never even heard of Sightron before this, but seems like nothing but positive reviews... NightForce type quality, at half the price. Intriguing. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Well, a little room opened up in the monthly budget and I was able to get the finishing touches on my .308 last week. Took it to the range on Sunday and am proud to report I she shoots like a dream.

Took Mason's advice and ordered the SWFA Super Sniper 10x. Read a lot of overwhelmingly positive reviews online, and after a short time with it, I agree. Great value for money! I got a package deal with a sunshade, rings, Butler Creek caps, and am impressed with the rings and sunshade. The caps will probably just end up in a box in the back of my closet. All in all, very happy with the purchase.

I also took Paladin's suggestion and ordered an EGW picatanny 20 MOA base. The predrilled holes lined up perfectly with those in my receiver, and the base mates up perfectly.

She still needs some work on the stock, one of my project for the weekend is to rig up a cheek pad to get my eye more in line with the optics, but so far I love it.

Ya the photo isn't great, but I'm no photographer.
Attachments
photo.JPG