Leupold VX1 is junk!

Having owned an older vx1 in the past, I decided to buy a new one. I am absolutely shocked and appalled at the quality of the Leupold VX-1 I received in the mail this evening. This is going straight back to SWFA as a 30 dollar tasco is better quality!

Glass clarity is fine and exterior finish is fine. First impressions of the adjustment knobs were they were cheap looking and further inspection shows they are horrific. Very gritty and the clicks do not feel positive at all.

This is unacceptable from Leupold. I don't care that it's their entry level scope, it's $220 which is not cheap.

I would recommend you don't waste your time and money with the VX1

Re: Leupold VX1 is junk!

One of the reasons I like single power scopes is that they are simple enough that the same level of quality remains considerably cheaper. A nice Weaver K4 or K6 remains a better buy to me that any of the variables I can afford.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Check with Leupold before you send it back:
A) everything they make carries a lifetime warranty.
B) there is a possibility of a Chinese constructed knock-off, aka counterfeit, getting mixed in with legit stock. which you would definitely want to send back...and then let the FBI know where it came from (seller).
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

rolandson wrote:Check with Leupold before you send it back:
A) everything they make carries a lifetime warranty.
B) there is a possibility of a Chinese constructed knock-off, aka counterfeit, getting mixed in with legit stock. which you would definitely want to send back...and then let the FBI know where it came from (seller).
^ This. the best thing to do is take the serial # on the bottom, call Leupold and ask if that number is one they have made. If not, it's a fake. If it is, they will fix or replace it for free. It's that simple.
All problems can be solved with a copious amount of high explosives.

Last time I was on Leupold's site, there was a section devoted to identifying fakes. Clearly, it's a possibility.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police