Finally! Good AK irons!

So in my quest to improve the sight picture on my AK iron sights, I settle on this pair, and boy is there a difference. The rear sight is a krebs custom peep sight, and the front sight is an XS front stripe. I'll be taking them to the range this weekend, but I feel like I'm gonna do much better with these than I usually do with the standard AK irons.

Re: Finally! Good AK irons!

:thumbup: I added the Mojo rear sight (very similar to Krebs) to an old WASR, and yes, the difference is immediate and quite noticeable! Haven't played with the XS front sight though. The main thing that stood out to me was the greatly decreased acquisition time for targets less than 100yrds out. My groups at over that distance didn't really change much (read: still sucked), but I really regretted forgetting to pull them off when it got sold to buy an Arsenal Saiga conversion. This spring my newer rifle got a set of TechSights and a red dot... Then promptly went into storage. :confused:

Congratulations, you just made a huge upgrade! Kalashnikov made a lot of great design decisions with the platform, but the factory sights have always been atrocious at least for my eyes.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter