Total votes: 1 (100%)
Weaver 36c (No votes)
Used Leupold 36x (No votes)
Burris variable (No votes)
Nikon Variable (No votes)
Some other crazy option (No votes)
Total votes: 1

Scope recommendations

Ok. So it's time to upgrade from the Prostaff to something with some more magnification. I'm debating a few different things, so would like some input.

The Sightron 36x gets good reviews. Can be had new for about $430. It has it's limitations, but seems to be a good entry level F Class scope

Along the same vein, the Weaver 36x is roughly the same price, around $450

OR

I could pick up a used Leupold 36x for just a little more. About $500-$600 and I get one that's in very good used condition. I might be able to pickup a variable power in the same price range as well, but leaning towards the fixed magnification. Leupold gets rave reviews for their glass, which is very appealing. Also if they need work, that's done here in the US.

I also briefly considered a lower magnification Nikon or Burris, but for what I'm wanting to do, I think that it would be a limiting factor to choose something along those lines. Although there is some appeal in dealing with the heat mirage by lowering the magnification a bit.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou