Red Dot Revolver

Yesterday I ordered a Leupold K-frame mount and low STD 1" rings for my Smith & Wesson model 14 revolver. Today I ordered an Ultradot Matchdot II. I should have it all mounted before the next 2700 match and also be able to enter the optics division for the first time for LGC Bullseye match #13.

I like Aimpoint scopes, but at $600 bucks I figure I can scope all three of my Bullseye pistols for around the price of a single Aimpoint. The Matchdots are good, and that's good enough for me.

I still have the "before" pics of targets shot with iron sights. I will post "after" pics to see how the red dot affects groups & accuracy.

Re: Red Dot Revolver

I had an ultradot on my 327 for a while. It was neat, but in the end I didn't like the weight. Haven't tried a dot sight on anything I shot more seriously bullseye style. Keep thinking I should.

The Leupold Deltapiont or similar (Aimpoint I think?) sights are nice because of their small weight/size. Rolandson and (I think?) Shinzen have them on guns that I have shot. Definitely a fun way to shoot autos fast.

Looking forward to see what you think.

Yeah, I've got the Deltapoint on my CZ P-01, which I like well enough to want to get the slide milled for it- and at .6 oz vs the 3.9oz of the Ultradot, I don't think I'd consider something that heavy. The Burris Fastfire is another lower weight option- 1.7 oz instead. I've got one on the pig hunting shotgun and it seems to hold up pretty well. It's also substantially cheaper than the DP or the RMR.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I just got a new AR, a Windham Carbon Fiber. I decided to go with the Bushnell TRS-25. The decision was much the same, I want some things more than an aimpoint.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matt. 25:40

Hasaf wrote:I just got a new AR, a Windham Carbon Fiber. I decided to go with the Bushnell TRS-25. The decision was much the same, I want some things more than an aimpoint.

How do you like the Windham? They look really well made.

I have an inexpensive Bushnell TRS-25 on my Baretta Cx4, which, though a bit clunky to adjust, seems to work as well as my other two, a Primary Arms on my Kel-Tec, and a Sig Sauer Romeo 1 on my p320 compact. All are very good.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."