Variable scope 1-4x 1-6x

Just wanted to thank everyone on these optics threads. I really wanted to try a variable power scope but had no idea what to choose. I also didn't want to spend four figures. I gave up hunting long ago. I just like to hit my paper targets and pray that will be the only reason I shoot.

Background: I hadn't bought a new rifle or caliber in years. I kept seeing the price of ARs dropping to astounding lows. I realized that I probably wouldn't find Colt 6920 for this price again. For my new AR optics, I needed (OK, wanted) something a little different than what currently have.

After a lot if research, I found the Bushnell 1-4x for $55 on Amazon. It is now around $79, but it was worth a try. For the price, it is really nice. It was everything I had read about. The only issue I had with it is that the 1x wasn't truly 1x. It is really good, though. I had some spare time to look around for something that is truly 1x variable.

I started reading here. I read different forums and reviews. I talked to different people. I decided to bite the bullet and buy a Burris RT-6 1-6x for under $300 shipped. It is AMAZING! The 1x is really 1x. It is definitely the nicest scope I will ever have because I won't probably spend that much in a scope ever again.

It does make me regret some of my past red dot purchases (Vortex, etc.). Those red dots are really good, but this Burris is fantastic.

Just wanted to share.

Colt_20181023_151337175~2.jpg
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: Variable scope 1-4x 1-6x

Yeah, good glass really does make a difference. I've got some good and some mediocre, and wow. It really is like night and day. Budget glass still absolutely has it's place, but damn it's nice to look through a high end scope.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Variable scope 1-4x 1-6x

I would too easily get hooked on four figure optics. It isn't necessarily a high-end scope, I guess, but it sure seems like a $1000 scope.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt