Re: Holster Analysis Paralysis

#25 Post by pokute » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:26 am
Hey Rockyriverleather, care to make me an Askins Avenger for a LAR Grizzly?

Hey pokute,

to the best of my knowledge there actually is no holstermaker on the market who offers Holsters for the LAR Grizzly Mark I to Mark V, there simply is no money in it. I know what I am talking about, because I actually own 5 LAR Grizzly (3 times Mark I and 2 times Mark V) and I am on a constant lookout for good holsters. I own a lot of suitable holsters, but the holsters I own are either "original" by LAR Grizzly (or Freedom Arms) or from companys long out of businees or are special made (custom) for these pistols.

Which brings me right to an important point you missed to mention, what Model do you need a holster for? The frames of Mark I, Mark IV and Mark V are of diverent sizes. A holster made for a Mark I will not fit a Mark V, at least not if it is a real good (tight) leatherwork.

But I might have a hint for you.

There is one company that sells very well made holsters made of leather which fits a LAR Grizzly, even a Mark V. They offer one type of belt holster (brown or black) as well as very well made belts for that holsters, they even offer a shoulder harness system which fits a Grizzly. Of course all these holsters are not made for the LAR Grizzly but they fit almost perfectly.

These holsters (Model AF 2011) are made for these crazy double barreld 1911´s build and sold by Italian Gun Maker "Arsenal Firearms".

Just search the Net. keywords: "arsenal firearms" holster AF 2011

or <https://www.slideshare.net/JackieGarzn/ ... oguelownew>, see side 16 and subsequent pages

I know that there is at least one "Arsenal Firearms" dealer in the US, but the money they call for the holster simply is outrageous and embarrassing.

Dealerprice for the "AF 2011" (in europe) is about $ 75.00/piece.

With my best regards

Jered Maddox
Attachments
18081303.jpg

TXLEADSLINGER wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:39 am I found a company here in TX called versacarry they have an amazing line of holsters and accessories all water buffalo.... they are Awesome... mine can be used as in or out of waist band... they are super low profile for concealed and look like you’re a high roller if you like open carry. I love these holsters... here’s the link to their site.. http://bit.ly/2OUgrft
welcome to the forum, new guy! :welcome:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?