Questions about holsters

See how the trigger is slightly exposed? Does anyone think this would be something to worry about getting snagged on? This holster would be used for open carry, if that helps. I don't currently carry in public, but it's for carrying the gun when I need to (going shooting at the range or outside, camping, etc.) I also have a Bulldog holster that I can wear on a belt.

Both of these were originally for my Model 10, but seem to fit this one rather nicely as well. What I'd like to know: Is there a problem with my shoulder holster and this particular gun (with both concealed and open carry, please) and what holster would you rather open carry with (not for day to day carry)?

Re: Questions about holsters

Inquisitor wrote:
Jammersix wrote:{Instructor's hat on}

One of the primary purposes of a holster is to completely cover the trigger guard with a material that is very unlikely to be penetrated.

I would not consider using that holster.

{Instructor's hat off}
I agree.
Alright, I'll probably stop using this. It seems to have worked great for my Model 10, I guess this one is a tad too beefy. But now I have a useless holster, anyone got $50.00? :lol:

Re: Questions about holsters

You will find that you collect a lot of stuff like this with a shooting hobby. Holsters and other whatnots often stick around after the guns have long left.

You can put this in a box for your growing gun collection, or sell/trade it to some schmuck who also has a holster that doesn't fit. ;)

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."