New Kit Day!!!

Decided to get myself something fun for a graduation gift. After waiting nearly 2 months, the other half of my order finally arrived. Needed some support/training gear for the AR but was struggling to figure out what I wanted. Saw that Tactical Tailor had released their 2 pc MAV in their Fight Light series with a full back panel for various packs.

Wanted to see how much "adjustability" it had before ordering pouches. Unfortunately, it doesn't adjust as low as I would have hoped, settling as low as the navel, but very lightweight and comfortable. Extremely simple design overall, with a nice amount of 3D-type mesh. Should be plenty of room to mount rifle/handgun mag pouches, plus medical gear/holster/knife sheath/utility pouch(es) and a Med/LG sized hydration pack.

Re: New Kit Day!!!

It's light weight and comfortable now, but that sucker looks like you can load it with so much gear you won't be able to pick it up to put it on. It's probably more practical than an antique telephone or an old Detex clock, though (a couple of my collecting foibles).

Enjoy!
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Simmer down wrote:Any practical use for this?
3-gun, IPSEC, USPSA...

Also, great for making yourself a target when you bug out after TEOTWAWKI. ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

You'd be surprised how much weight they can bear comfortably. I'm not getting this crazy, but here's how the company sells the heavyweight versions in both a rifleman's kit (12 mag :shock: ) and a gunner configuration.

I can still run a belt kit underneath as well, which will allow for greater weight distribution.

For practical uses, it depends on who you are. While not the greatest US produced gear on the market, it should be constructed well enough for my needs of carbine courses, other applicable rifle training, and just general preparedness. I know I've seen pics of servicemen and women using them overseas, but to what extent, I'm not sure. Rigs like these have their place in Mil/LE world for scalability over armor. Essentially, an officer could toss the basic rig (sans back panel) in their trunk for an active shooter situation or similar and quickly don the equipment over their duty gear.

In the end, a decent platform for carrying rifle supporting equipment and medical supplies. Will probably buy something higher end down the road, but want this to be an intermediate rig I can fiddle with to see what works and what individual needs might arise based on my testing of the rig.