Re: Flashlight geeks, lemmie have it!

If you want bright - I like my FourSevens Maelstrom. I got an older model on sale or groupon or something for about $40, so I finally decided to give it a try.

The new model can hit 900 lumens! :crazy:

Good construction, easy to use, easy to change modes.

To be honest though - it's too big for me to use regularly. Most of the time I need a light I wind up just turning on the LED flash on my cell phone.

If I were buying again (and based on needs, more than on the presence of a massive discount) - I'd probably get one of the Preon Pen Lights, or maybe a Quark.

If I had the budget...
http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/produc ... ml?pid=272
They really are quite impressive (my son uses one) but a touch expensive for my taste. I've a little Surefire G2 that I picked up for about $40.00, it's functional but nothing compared to the fucking aircraft landing light that the Streamlight is.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

I caught the TerraLUX TT-5 on sale at DVOR for $69 w/lanyard, carry case and metal pocket clip. Great little flashlight, but at 650 Lumens, the sucker gets pretty hot.

http://www.amazon.com/TerraLUX-Button-S ... rralux+tt5

http://www.terraluxportable.com/product/tt-5/
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Inquisitor wrote:We are a foursevens dealer. Discount is good, but shipping will eat that up...
Initial buyin for ElZetta is only two flashlights. :lol: If I ever get a storefront, then I'll be a stocked dealer but until then, well, I see the markup from stocking dealers. Not cheap, but then again they do take a 5+ story drop onto pavement and don't flicker unless they are set to strobe first. ;)
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

turbo6 wrote:Old thread, I know but everyone needs a good flashlight.

Allow me to throw another recommendation in: Fenix E12. I just picked one up and it's a pretty handy little pocket light.

Impact resistant, semi water proof. 130 lumen max from 1 AA battery.

I'm a sucker for AA lights, simple and abundant.
I'll second that.
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo.

SailDesign wrote:
turbo6 wrote:Old thread, I know but everyone needs a good flashlight.

Allow me to throw another recommendation in: Fenix E12. I just picked one up and it's a pretty handy little pocket light.

Impact resistant, semi water proof. 130 lumen max from 1 AA battery.

I'm a sucker for AA lights, simple and abundant.
I'll second that.
Me, too. I find that the 1x and 2x LED flashlights work especially well with Eneloop batteries; they hold a charge for a really long time and don't corrode. I have Streamlight PT2AA in my cars and kits.

Bedside table houses a Streamlight ProTac HL.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

All the rain and wind here on the east coast has got me thinking of a new light. I surveyed a few branches down in my yard last night with my Fenix E25. Great light, beam is reasonably wide with a bright center spot with lots of throw. Excellent run time in 2x AA. My little Fenix E12 is quite handy too, simple click interface, bright beam with a good mix of flood and throw for a tiny.single AA light.

I'm thinking of staying with AA format, this time a bigger, brighter 4x AA model.

Sticking with Fenix, the E41 looks solid with a big wide search light type beam up to 1000 lumen. I've heard lots of praise from the Sunwayman D40a as well.

Both current lights I have are good general use lights, but I need something a bit brighter as a dedicated "bump in the night" / backyard spotter type light.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk

I just bought this on Amazon:

Fenix PD35 TAC 1000 Lumen CREE XP-L LED Tactical Flashlight with Two EdisonBright CR123A Lithium Batteries

It was around what I was willing to spend. The other I was looking at was 300 lumens, but this one goes to 1000 lumens which should prove very disorientating if I should need it.

PS: Well, I got my flashlight today and somewhere between purchase and arriving at my door, it turned into a financial calculator. SOB!