Re: Odd lubrication issue

Fukshot wrote:I know things about lubes that are proprietary material I can't disclose.
Right beneath my avatar, there's a small button which initializes a private message... Just sayin.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

So if you know all about these products, you could still give an opinion of which ones you think are best if you are proscribed from saying why in detail? :whistle:

I'm not expecting to change as I'm happy with what I use but it would be interesting to know your preferences even without detail covered by your NDA &/or trade secret status.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

Fukshot wrote:
rolandson wrote:
Fukshot wrote:I know things about lubes that are proprietary material I can't disclose.
lubrikit.com
This isn't you guys is it?
Nope. Not us.
Well then, might I suggest that there are things you know about some lubricants that is proprietary, and some things you know about other lubricants that may be helpful...because I was there...you do know some things about the chemistry of lubricants...
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Librication requirements for firearms are pretty tame. Corrosion protection is more important in evaluating a product.

My routine is Kroil penetrating oil as a bore cleaner with a patch of Sweets or Tetra to remove copper every hundred rounds or so your barrel may build copper more quickly, but not likely by a lot. For lubrication and protection, I like Barricade.

For grease, the brown axle grease in tiny amounts is groovy I skip moly greases, but I might be superstitious. Grease is just oil that stays put. I have tried Slide Glide on a 1911 and its pretty cool stuff. It's more about cushion than lubrication.

I don't use CLP. I don't use Rem Oil.

I am unaware of any reasons not to use Frog Lube and am considering it on my M1A.

Fukshot wrote:
AmirMortal wrote:With Frog Lube, I'm pretty sure that there is a thinning agent used in the liquid that is not present in the waxy stuff.
Might it just be less thickener?
My understanding from my meager intarweb research is that the product itself is the wax/paste/grease, and that some form of relatively mild solvent is needed to maintain its fluid state at (most) room temperatures. I could be wrong. It's probably in one of those psdssss's... I'm not a chemist, nor in honesty have I ever taken a chemistry class.
Every one you've ever met or will ever meet, knows something you don't. -Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Anti-Gravity Activist

Black Lives Matter

Just pulled Taurus 1-PT92 and 2-PT99 Beretta clones outta the safe that have been total immersion FL'd - everything works smoothly - trigger bar, locking block and firing pin moves slicker than boiled okra. I use a combo of FL paste and liquid. Also impressed with their non-toxic solvent. After range clean up is a breeze compared to conventional methods - which I still do on some guns - combo of #9, BreakFree, Mobil 1. Only thing I dislike about FL is the cost - but consider it worth the expense.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.