Hi Viz Fiber Optic Sight, Ruger MKII 22/45

Well after heading to the range with fknauss a week or so ago, and getting a chance to shoot his Buckmark with the fiber optic sight, I had to get one of these shiny objects for myself! Happy to say, fit and finish is great, and it has an interesting locking mechanism which seems that it will hold the fiber optic in place without the need for glue, although it does include 5 additional pieces of fiber optic just in case. Mounted exactly like it was supposed to, used a drop of trusty blue loctite onto the factory screw- GREAT light pickup!!

Oh, and wouldn't be right without a gratuitous puppy picture. She's very excited about the new sight. (Or a belly rub. I can't tell which)

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Hi Viz Fiber Optic Sight, Ruger MKII 22/45

Nice!

The sights generally don't glue in, you melt both ends. The reason I lost the fiber out of the clown gun is because I trimmed it too short before melting. I now have a pencil lead tube filled with an assortment of fiber colors in my range bag. (The violet is disappointingly dark.)

.22LR - .380ACP - 9mm - .38Spl/.357Mag - .45ACP - 5.56NATO - .308Win - .45-70Gov - 12Ga
Join!

Re: Hi Viz Fiber Optic Sight, Ruger MKII 22/45

That makes sense, I guess gluing them might be a bit more permanent than desired. The high vis ones don't look like they can use standard tubing like yours did- they have a little notch in them to catch the fiber optic with so it doesn't go anywhere:

“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou