Re: Matching field jackets

KnightsFan wrote:Wait a second, I thought only AR guys liked to accessorize. :hmmm:

Now you just need the pistol that goes with them.
See, that's how it starts. Pretty soon you're adding a closet under the stairs, laying planks in the attic, suspending nets in the garage, and so on. So, I'm looking for a 1943 Soviet helmet, scuffed but wearable. Whatchya got? :ninja:

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote:
KnightsFan wrote:Wait a second, I thought only AR guys liked to accessorize. :hmmm:

Now you just need the pistol that goes with them.
See, that's how it starts. Pretty soon you're adding a closet under the stairs, laying planks in the attic, suspending nets in the garage, and so on. So, I'm looking for a 1943 Soviet helmet, scuffed but wearable. Whatchya got? :ninja:

CDFingers
Everyone should consider the Swiss jacket for a regular jacket. It is such a great quality for 20 dollars. They seem to throw away really good stuff.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

wlewisiii wrote:How do the swiss jackets run for size? I'm not a small guy anymore, alas...

I am 5'9" and weigh 260. The jacket I bought was a little tight on me. It is numbered as "52." There was a 58 there also. It was a little more faded so I went with the 52. The 58 was big on me. I really have no idea how it translates back into US sizes. I think most of these you have to try-on.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

wlewisiii wrote:Well, Midway has them for $5.99 so I sent for a large one. We'll see. A diet goal if nothing else.

Did you get the M70 jacket? With all the pockets. The M83 was 5.99, but it does't have all the pockets.

I just messed around with it and found the sniper veil rolled up the hood.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

Mason wrote:I still have one of the two the M65's I was issued and wore through basic training in February in Missouri. It's getting to be the time of year it comes out of the closet.
I was in the last platoon issued OD M65's at Ft. Knox. The next group in line got BDU field jackets. I kept one for inspections and it's still like new. I can't fit it anymore but my son will grow into it soon and then it'll get worn out the best way.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

I guess mines not an M65 because its camo. I didn't think the identifier changed with the color. Its exactly like the OD green one I had in high school in every other respect, though.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese