Accu-shot monopod

Ok, so taking the plunge on this doohickey, as futzing around with sandbags at the range for my long range rifle seems a bit silly, when there's an easy solution out there. Anybody use one before? I found an old post from someone who's not around much anymore that they were ordering one, but wanted to see if they lived up to the hype.

http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog/produc ... ucts_id=86
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Re: Accu-shot monopod

I have a bipod actually. This is for the back of the rifle where a sandbag is typically used, as you need to use it to level the rifle to the target.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Bipod can be adjusted from 6" on up, then the rear monpod starts at 3.5" and goes to about 4.5" to give you a level base to shoot from

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
- Maya Angelou

I've thought about one, but not gotten one yet. I was also thinking of those shooting sticks with two legs. I'm old enough where standing is a bit difficult to hold on a tiny long range target. <-- Understatement.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I've been a bag squeezer as well so far with this setup. We'll see if I like the way this works- I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about following their instructions on holding on to it. It may also skitter about a bit more than I'd like, but on the other side, the rifle is absurdly heavy, so perhaps not.

CDF, I don't think I'll be shooting this one much standing! If I were ever to try to take it hunting I think they'd find me in the woods unable to move due to exhaustion.
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:I've been a bag squeezer as well so far with this setup. We'll see if I like the way this works- I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about following their instructions on holding on to it. It may also skitter about a bit more than I'd like, but on the other side, the rifle is absurdly heavy, so perhaps not.

CDF, I don't think I'll be shooting this one much standing! If I were ever to try to take it hunting I think they'd find me in the woods unable to move due to exhaustion.
You don't use one of these?

Dunce wrote: You don't use one of these?
Pallet jack for the camo Mosin. Other rifles I just pick them up one at a time.

Yeah: I could not stand for very long with the camo Mosin. Maybe I need one of these for him:

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack