Re: Holster Recommendations: Ruger Redhawk 4"

Since you live in a groovy place with access to all kinds of alternative dudes and dudettes, I'd suggest you chat up your local leather worker and have him or her or them make you a holster. You can pick your materials and style. Buy local to the max. I did, for my Vaquero, as you've seen in many picks of it. I asked for that exact thing and got that exact thing. I mean, yours is the hand gun of gnarl. It needs the holster of gnarl.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

What kind of clothing will you be wearing while carrying it? In Mn you have to have the gun fully exposed out in the woods unless you have a carry permit. This is a rig that ai made for my redhawk about 30 years ago. Heavy belt and the type of holster you seem to be interested in. At the time it fit over my hunting jacket but it doesn't anymore, the belt must of shrunk.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw
Attachments
100_2375.JPG

For revolver field carry I like the Hunter Holster 1100 series for it's easy on/off. I have one that's close to 50 yrs. old that has been on every back country / backpacking trip I've made in that time. Bought another couple years ago for a different revolver. Nothing fancy, but totally functional and has retaining strap. Plus the easy on/off and I don't care if it gets scratched up or looks well used.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.