Concealment Express - New holster mini review

My M&P shield is my primary carry and for the last few years I've been toting it around in a White Hat Holsters Hybrid IWB setup. It's a good holster and it's served me well, with only one real downside. The leather backing makes it extremely sweaty in the summer. So I decided to find something a bit different for when it's hot and I started looking around for a neoprene backed holster or something similar.

I stumbled across this kydex holster on Amazon and for the price figure I'd give it a try.

The Kydex is well molded, the gun seats with a very audible and positive click and retention is extremely strong and very adjustable. The clip is plastic, but has proved to be sturdy (so far) and I've no issues with it holding onto either of my gun belts. It's far more compact in size than my other holsters, and very very concealable, especially seeing as how I've uh...still got my winter insulation as it were. It was comfortable during extended use (longest I've worn it in one day was 14 hours) including several hours sitting in a car.

So far I've been pretty impressed, especially since I've never heard of the company before and for the price. My only real complaints so far are that there were some sharp edges (though they were easily deburred and smoothed) and I would prefer a metal clip but I'm sure the plastic one will be fine.

Re: Concealment Express - New holster mini review

begemot wrote:Thanks for the review. Looks like a nice little holster. My only concern would be the retention factor. I don't like strong retention in a IWB CC holster. But kydex is easy enough to adjust with a little heat. :)
It has an adjustable retention screw, goes from you're never getting the gun out, better just throw it and the holster at the bad guy. To I swear I had a gun a second ago. Once I got it adjusted to my liking I've had no issues on the draw.

Simmer down wrote:How much wiggle do you get considering the single point clip? That looks like it has some surface area even though it's one clip.
On my extremely stiff belt it doesn't move, on my beat to hell riggers belt I haven't noticed any wiggle either but I'll be keeping an eye on it. It's got a 10 degree cant, which is not adjustable but it works just fine for me. It's going to Texas with me next month and I've got a 5 hour car trip that will be a nice test, so I'll keep this updated with my impressions.

GravyBoat wrote:
Simmer down wrote:How much wiggle do you get considering the single point clip? That looks like it has some surface area even though it's one clip.
On my extremely stiff elite co shooters belt it doesn't move, on my beat to hell riggers belt I haven't noticed any wiggle. It's got a 10 degree can't, which is not adjustable but it works just fine for me. It's going to Texas with me next month and I've got a 5 hour car trip that will be a nice test, so I'll keep this updated with my impressions.
Give us a call when you get to TX if you need a guide or a designated driver. :thumbup:

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy