Walmart dropping "some" firearm-related products

This is probably less about having a discussion and more about being aware of some good deals. I am trying to sift through fact and rumor, but it appears that Walmart is discontinuing some of its sporting goods products. I spoke with an employee tonight who reported that they were dropping "tactical" products. Other forum rumors are indicating price drops on black rifles and ammo. Just be aware if you are in the market for some of these products.

I suppose we could only speculate on the "Why?"
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

Re: Walmart dropping "some" firearm-related products

Probabl y because the products were too expensive. I looked at their inventory in my local store. They wanted Magpul prices for non-magpul quality products. No one is building a $1,000 AR using WalMart parts.

If my local Walmart is any indicator, they are sitting on a lot of .223. They might have adjusted their inventory levels during the panic and never lowered them enough.There are usually 2 to 8 ammo cans of 223 and several thousand rounds in more smaller boxes.

Not sure any of it will go on sale. When I sold to WalMart, our contracts included a provision that we take back any unsold stock after a set time period. That's why you don't see a lot of clearance stuff at WalMart. What you do see is usually one-off items that the manufacturer in essence gave to WalMart rather being hit for the return shipping.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:Probabl y because the products were too expensive. I looked at their inventory in my local store. They wanted Magpul prices for non-magpul quality products. No one is building a $1,000 AR using WalMart parts.

If my local Walmart is any indicator, they are sitting on a lot of .223. They might have adjusted their inventory levels during the panic and never lowered them enough.There are usually 2 to 8 ammo cans of 223 and several thousand rounds in more smaller boxes.

Not sure any of it will go on sale. When I sold to WalMart, our contracts included a provision that we take back any unsold stock after a set time period. That's why you don't see a lot of clearance stuff at WalMart. What you do see is usually one-off items that the manufacturer in essence gave to WalMart rather being hit for the return shipping.

Any reason people are claiming "good deals" on DPMS rifles?
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

I'm just grateful I don't have to rely on Wal-Mart as my source for anything firearm-related items. The last time I was in one was probably 3-4 years ago when we forgot to buy clays before going to an off-the- beaten-path range. Wal-Mart was the only option at 9am in small town Texas.

And if their general customer service (or lack thereof) is any indication, buying a firearm there must be its own special kind of Hell.
LGC Texas - Vice President

GeorgiaRN wrote:
senorgrand wrote:Probabl y because the products were too expensive. I looked at their inventory in my local store. They wanted Magpul prices for non-magpul quality products. No one is building a $1,000 AR using WalMart parts.

Any reason people are claiming "good deals" on DPMS rifles?
Firearms themselves might be a different beast. I thought the original post was regarding accessories. My guess is that people are getting good deals on DPMS rifles partly because the market is flooded.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

I was in Wal Mart yesterday and they had a "Black Gun" (AR) on sale. The shelf had 223, 7.62X 39, 9mm etc.. I picked up some cheap 20 guage and had a long talk with the one associate who was knowledgeable about firearms. The big shortage is in 22 rim fire. None of the Wal Mart stores in rural Wisconsin seem to be cutting back on firearms or ammo. The associate said that he did have a good supply of ammo for tactical arms but it was getting harder to get and he thought it was Obama and the democrats and the lack 22 was because the government was buying them up for federa; LEOS to practice with and to eliminate ammo for entry level shooting.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin
Beto in wisconsin