New safe needs disguising

I got a new safe recently and its all nice and shiny. To me it looks like it is silently begging to be cracked by some passing yegg. I was thinking of distressing it a little and saw Rhino has some pre-distressed models.
Rhino Ironworks.png
Anyone have such an urge, other than Klownkannon, of course?

I'm thinking of a few scars with a grinder. Overspray with primer. Etc.

Its raining here and it might just be cabin fever but I'm on a mission.

Puffing up is no substitute for smarts but it's a common home remedy

Re: New safe needs disguising

rltriumph wrote:I was actually thinking about painting mine to look like a police call box. I just wished it was bigger on the inside.
Well played sir.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote:
rltriumph wrote:I was actually thinking about painting mine to look like a police call box. I just wished it was bigger on the inside.
Well played sir.

Oh, yeah, rltriumph--that rocked.

How about an invisibility cloak over it?
A new experiment has created a cloak that, for the first time, can hide small objects of any shape completely from visible light. The cloak, which is thinner and more flexible than any of its predecessors, can also be scaled up to hide bigger objects – potentially transforming the science into something that can be manufactured and sold.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-09-ten-years- ... y.html#jCp
I have a small one to hide my humanity from politicians lest they besmirch it.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Simmer down wrote:
Hot water heater safe.jpg
I might dress it up like a hot water heater.

I felt strongly about Dazzle camo earlier today but using colors found in the room.
Dazzle camo.jpeg
Offer Klowncannon a free flight to TX and some BBQ and he might do the paint job gratis. :whistle:
LGC Texas - Vice President

atxgunguy wrote:
Simmer down wrote:
Hot water heater safe.jpg
I might dress it up like a hot water heater.

I felt strongly about Dazzle camo earlier today but using colors found in the room.
Dazzle camo.jpeg
Offer Klowncannon a free flight to TX and some BBQ and he might do the paint job gratis. :whistle:
If you add some sheet metal ducting to cover the keypad and door handle you might be doing just fine. Deterring a quick scan of the room may be all you can hope for.

A Klowncannon paint job would be hands down the best option, though.
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

I think this could be the ultimate large safe disguise..
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more
Attachments
DoctorWhoTARDIS.jpg

CDFingers wrote:
shinzen wrote:
Well played sir.

Oh, yeah, rltriumph--that rocked.

How about an invisibility cloak over it?
A new experiment has created a cloak that, for the first time, can hide small objects of any shape completely from visible light. The cloak, which is thinner and more flexible than any of its predecessors, can also be scaled up to hide bigger objects – potentially transforming the science into something that can be manufactured and sold.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-09-ten-years- ... y.html#jCp
I have a small one to hide my humanity from politicians lest they besmirch it.

CDFingers

oops missed reading this one before I posted mine..
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Please allow me to introduce myself......here's what mine currently looks like. Been thinking about redoing it. I call it the Pixie Prince Pistol Palace.
zach.jpg
The picture is of a friend of mine who died....he's giving me the thumbs up after using that hammer to knock out a glass block in my basement so we could put in the paint ventilator.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Oh, CD Fingers....that's brilliant!

I'm thinking that I need to repaint mine......I used spray paint on it last time but this next round I think I should use my HVLP. I've used it twice and I think it needs more trigger time.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.