New Back pocket/Blue Jean carry rig.

I carry my new Glock 43 in a Kydex Appendix rig generally with my pocket gun being a Beretta Pico in .380. In Blue Jeans I have always wanted a way to carry right back pocket (wallet pocket) under an un tucked T but have never foundjust the right gun and just the right rig. I have been testing the Glock 43 in a DeSantis Super Fly in this role for a few weeks now and while it isn't for everyone, it's certainly working out well for me.

I'm 6'2" and about 185 and this gun is thin enough that in the Super Fly it looks like a large wallet to anyone that would glace at my fanny....the top of the gun *just is barely visible out the top of the pocket so an untucked T shirt provides the perfect cover for that. The holster is super sticky and is a bastard to get into the pocket but once seated stays there....the inside of the holster is pack cloth and the guns draws like a dream with a full combat grip ready to Rock 'N Roll.

Usually I wear it without the outer cover which attaches via hook and loop (Velcro) to increase the "fatness" and general wallet appearance...works well either way but the extra cover, designed to break up the outline of the gun, adds enough additional thickness and bulk that really isn't needed with a cover garment.

I have the same rig for my Pico and it works fantastic for front pocket or rear pocket even without a cover garment as the pistol ride deep enough that it cannot be seen. Highly recommended for anyone of taller stature that might like a single stack 9mm to be carried rear pocket. I'm sure this would work equally well for guns like the Sig P938 or P238, Ruger LCP, or similar small pocket guns.

One more way to never leave home without a potent friend in the back pocket and an appropriate dirty trick for someone demanding my wallet.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Re: New Back pocket/Blue Jean carry rig.

Have had this question a lot actually....I don't sit on the gun. Probably my body shape/size but the gun rides in my back pocket high enough that I don't sit on it. In this regard, the gun is pretty much like a large wallet....a bit heavier but not that bad.

The Pico carried back pocket literally disappears. A good test is to put an unloaded pistol in the back pocket and sit on a padded chair to see if it get uncomfortable. With me, the gun sets in the hollow of the chair where the horizontal seat meets the vertical back. With me (when I sit up straight) there is a pretty large area with the gun riding in the upper half of my bottom.

No problem driving either but drawing from there is not gonna happen. Below, is the same gun in a High Noon Instinct Extreme in Kydex....

Generally I carry Appendix with a New York Reload (second pistol back/front pocket) and this G43 trick came from a desire to have a 9mm in a back pocket for Summer dog walks and trips out and about like to the hardware store, grocery shopping etc where I'm 90% up and walking and 10% sitting driving. It's working well but I suppose this is highly dependent on body size, torso length, and general butt shape/size. Folks wanting to try it should start with an unloaded pistol in the back pocket and then sit down.

And I'd appreciate it if folks would give me some feed back about how many folks actually end up sitting on the gun just for reference as I have converted several range buddies to this style of carry who previously thought I was nuts to sit on a pistol until they tried it and found out they weren't actually sitting on the gun.

VooDoo

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Nice review! VooDoo, I've got an identical build... I do think I'll be getting one of those holsters to try with my P380, too.

Shinzen, Inquisitor: Yeah, my back is screwed. My wallet is 1 1/2" thick and I am in the practice of taking the bloody thing out of my pocket every time I have to sit down.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Just for reference my Beretta Pico .380 in the same rig/holster only in a size built for the Pico - Desantis Super Fly:

Pico rig is much smaller but still 6+1 of hot .380....truthfully this little gun in this holster has become my constant companion pistol and it goes everywhere that is legal to carry. Like 2K+ rounds thru the Pico and the little guns just rocks and rolls but then I'm a Mouse Gun lover from way back. The G43 in a similar rig is way cool but if I can have only one gun on me or I'm carrying for comfort (having a gun comforts me to no end...) the Pico will be the last gun I'll ever give up.

Gaad I wish Glock would build a .32 just like the Pico but with Glock aesthetics. Never happen but, hey, there it is. i just noticed that this holster is getting a little moth eaten and wanted to point out that this should not reflect on the build quality/fit/finish of DeSantis stuff....this little holster has been carried an awful lot the last 2 years or so and trained with and transferred to pockets and stuffed everywhere. Getting to be time fer a new one....maybe I'll buy an upgraded Pico to go with it for reference so I have two of these.

VooDoo