Boyd’s and frustration with their service

I ordered a stock for my Mosin on May 4th.

Boyd’s website states that if something is not in stock, it can take 1 to 2 weeks to ship it. I didn’t think that was bad at all, at least they were up front about the time frame.

I sent them an email asking about the order’s status on the 25th - figuring that 3 weeks wasn’t being too pushy. No response, so I sent the same email on the 27th - no response (granted it was a holiday weekend, so I’d even not count that attempt). Today, I get an email from Boyd’s that seems very “formy” telling me that due to shop construction they should be getting my stock out the door in another 2-3 weeks but that as an apology they’ll be waiving the shipping charge.

I know “shit happens” and I know that this is but a drop in the bucket of real problems, I just needed to vent a touch. Their customer service and advertising seem to be lacking… quite a bit, it appears, in some instances.

Anyone else have issues with Boyd’s like this? They just seem kind loosey goosey in how they do business.
“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”
― Ernesto Che Guevara

Re: Boyd’s and frustration with their service

Odd. No, the Boyd's stock I ordered for my grendel project shipped right out, I think it was right at the 2 week mark that it came in. My Mosin however, sports a Bluegrass Gunstock- I liked the precut fit for the Timney trigger, Rock Solid Mount, and Aluminum bedding pillars. I think it took about 3 weeks or so to get delivered.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

I'm having a bit of the same issue with X-Treme Bullets. Ordered a box that was in stock on the 20th. Don't hear anything beyond the confirmation email, give them until yesterday morning (where it's still listed in stock) and send them a very polite email. Sure, enough, get a shipping notification from UPS almost right away. Or rather, a notification that the label has been created. Still hasn't been picked up by UPS and I still haven't heard anything directly from X-Treme.

I get it if they drop ship and their distributor dropped the ball but they produce the damn things.

I'm going to give them until tomorrow, if it still hasn't been picked up, I'll call them. I purposely ordered when I did and paid shipping because I needed the bullets instead of waiting for Memorial Day where I knew they'd probably do free shipping - which they did.

Maybe if I call them, they'll credit me the shipping for next order because I like their products but goddamn...

TheViking wrote:I'm having a bit of the same issue with X-Treme Bullets. Ordered a box that was in stock on the 20th. Don't hear anything beyond the confirmation email, give them until yesterday morning (where it's still listed in stock) and send them a very polite email. Sure, enough, get a shipping notification from UPS almost right away. Or rather, a notification that the label has been created. Still hasn't been picked up by UPS and I still haven't heard anything directly from X-Treme.

I get it if they drop ship and their distributor dropped the ball but they produce the damn things.

I'm going to give them until tomorrow, if it still hasn't been picked up, I'll call them. I purposely ordered when I did and paid shipping because I needed the bullets instead of waiting for Memorial Day where I knew they'd probably do free shipping - which they did.

Maybe if I call them, they'll credit me the shipping for next order because I like their products but goddamn...
Xtreme does seems a little slow to ship these days. Either it's massive volume or some other workflow bottleneck..
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

I think small businesses tend to have staffing limitations, a failure to delegate properly, poor communication between departments, and the owner's stupid children working there in positions way higher than they should be. :rolleyes:

If you are going to double or triple a lead time, that needs to be stated on the main page.

"We are in the process of renovating our manufacturing facility to better serve you as we grow. As a result, all items not 'in stock' will take an extra 2-3 weeks to ship. We appreciate your understanding and loyalty to our company."

Come on, 20 minutes tops :see_stars:

Fun fact - tomorrow it will be 10 weeks. Many ignored emails along the way but I got one today.... the same one I got 5 weeks ago telling me it will be 2-3 more weeks.

Just puttin' this out there. I know there are a lot of folks that are very happy with Boyd's and have had good experiences (those reviews are what got me to order) but I wanted it to be known that every order is not a shiny, happy experience.

At this point I wish they'd tell me they haven't even started on the stock so I could cancel and order one from elsewhere but they seem intent on stringing me along until they can be bothered to get around to it.

Caveat Emptor
“We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”
― Ernesto Che Guevara

dpfeifer wrote: Fun fact - tomorrow it will be 10 weeks. Many ignored emails along the way but I got one today.... the same one I got 5 weeks ago telling me it will be 2-3 more weeks.

Just puttin' this out there. I know there are a lot of folks that are very happy with Boyd's and have had good experiences (those reviews are what got me to order) but I wanted it to be known that every order is not a shiny, happy experience.

At this point I wish they'd tell me they haven't even started on the stock so I could cancel and order one from elsewhere but they seem intent on stringing me along until they can be bothered to get around to it.

Caveat Emptor
In that case, I would tell them just that