Re: Patches are back!

Variety is the spice of life. We have moar than one gun, so, moar different colored patches are on the menu.

I'll bring in some coffee next time I go see the little old blue haired patch maker.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

The web site does not give me any choice of color. Am I doing something wrong? I really like the green one.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Hiker wrote:The web site does not give me any choice of color. Am I doing something wrong? I really like the green one.
the green and red ones are three or more years old. Old stock. I had ordered four or so of them. Gave a couple away. The green one is on my old bag. I'll ask my daughter to sew the new one on my current bag.

Hiker wrote:The web site does not give me any choice of color. Am I doing something wrong? I really like the green one.
To paraphrase Henry Ford, you can pick any color you like as long as it's white :tongue:

At least for now...
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Bucolic wrote:
the green and red ones are three or more years old. Old stock. I had ordered four or so of them. Gave a couple away. The green one is on my old bag. I'll ask my daughter to sew the new one on my current bag.
This. I have a handful that I hand out at meetings.

Now that we have someone running with this we can ponder other styles and a more robust ordering system.

So whats the shipping on the patches. I ordered one the other week, still haven't heard if it shipped ?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

We sold out pretty quick. More are ordered. I go see the little blue haired old lady on Monday to check on the progress. I'll also find out about colors. I'll enquire about the standard ones as well as a rainbow colored one. Because reasons.

CDFingers

CDFingers wrote:We sold out pretty quick. More are ordered. I go see the little blue haired old lady on Monday to check on the progress. I'll also find out about colors. I'll enquire about the standard ones as well as a rainbow colored one. Because reasons.

CDFingers
Oooooh!

CDFingers wrote:We sold out pretty quick. More are ordered. I go see the little blue haired old lady on Monday to check on the progress. I'll also find out about colors. I'll enquire about the standard ones as well as a rainbow colored one. Because reasons.

CDFingers
No biggie, i waited this long anyway lol.

- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Update 11/30/16

The next batch of patches will be done tomorry. I got to see the last of them on a big sheet--I had no idea how this kind of thing was done, so that was cool.

As soon as I have them I'll start mailing.

Update on color etc options:

We have about any choice we want for the white, background area. I saw lots of swatches, and there's olive drab of course. What all else do folks want? I won't guarantee anything, but let's see what colors other than white for back ground folks want. So far, only solid color background.

Now, the rainbow option.

These machines have to have thread that can hold certain tensions, so we're limited to what the machine can do. Solid color threads so far only (see below). However, right now it has six stars on the bottom, three on each side of Gun Club. The manager and I came up with a slightly different design, with seven stars, one in between Gun and Club, and three on each side, so the stars left to right would run red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet--or any sequence we desire.

The manager is looking for rainbow thread. He thinks it's out there, but not sure. That would mean all the stitching could be done in that thread with white or what ever background. I suppose the rifle person could be done that way as well. I'll ask.

So, that's that. When I start mailing I'll post here.

CDFingers

Re: Patches: Update 11/30/16

CDFingers wrote:The next batch of patches will be done tomorry. I got to see the last of them on a big sheet--I had no idea how this kind of thing was done, so that was cool.

As soon as I have them I'll start mailing.

Update on color etc options:

We have about any choice we want for the white, background area. I saw lots of swatches, and there's olive drab of course. What all else do folks want? I won't guarantee anything, but let's see what colors other than white for back ground folks want. So far, only solid color background.

Now, the rainbow option.

These machines have to have thread that can hold certain tensions, so we're limited to what the machine can do. Solid color threads so far only (see below). However, right now it has six stars on the bottom, three on each side of Gun Club. The manager and I came up with a slightly different design, with seven stars, one in between Gun and Club, and three on each side, so the stars left to right would run red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet--or any sequence we desire.

The manager is looking for rainbow thread. He thinks it's out there, but not sure. That would mean all the stitching could be done in that thread with white or what ever background. I suppose the rifle person could be done that way as well. I'll ask.

So, that's that. When I start mailing I'll post here.

CDFingers
Dont worry about what color for me. I makes no difference. Its going on my newsboy cap with the other gun patches. I think LGC and Springfield armory will take up 1/2 of it to begin with lol

However, I think red would get many "commie" remarks from non liberals

Oh, im sure its answered somewhere in the miles of threads , but are these iron on?
- Me -

-Me-

I must proof read more

Seven colors is a heterosexual rainbow. Indigo is just for nice ladies with guitars, I think they have their own flag. Six stars is fine for friends of Dorothy.

I'd make color suggestions, but everything goes good with black, so I'm not too particular. I bet a dark purple background with silver thread would make the Wiccans, Spiral Path folks, and half the Satanists happy.

Marlene wrote:Seven colors is a heterosexual rainbow. Indigo is just for nice ladies with guitars, I think they have their own flag. Six stars is fine for friends of Dorothy.

I'd make color suggestions, but everything goes good with black, so I'm not too particular. I bet a dark purple background with silver thread would make the Wiccans, Spiral Path folks, and half the Satanists happy.
This is good to know. So, no indigo. Thanks for that. I think it'll be cheaper with six stars because they don't have to reprogram the locations, just change threads. Most excellent!

CDFingers

We went with the one on the web page:

There's no reason we can't have like a zillion designs--oh, wait. Minor detail: money. The patch folks will make anything, but we have to pay for it. So until we build up a surplus more than the high single digits, we'll have to sort of chat out potential designs and then argue about them for a while. Talk is cheap. Thread, however, costs money. :wtf:

CDFingers

Since green is my favorite color, I will probably buy the OD patch. But I also second the purple/silver that Marlene mentioned.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle