Bullseye Box

At the Portland meet-up this weekend I was asked about my Bullseye Box and encouraged to write a post about it. If you are a Bullseye Pistol shooter then a Bullseye box is an essential piece of equipment. It not only carries your pistols and ammo, but also nearly everything you need for a day of shooting. In the old days the classic Pachmyer box was the one to have, or a Gun-Ho box, and many still use them today.

I chose a Strong Box because it is metal, has a lock on it, and was available immediately.
You can get them from Strong Case
https://www.strongcasestore.com/product/ranger-case
or from Champion's Choice
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... y&c=RAGUSR
20171113_144638_resized.jpg
I got the model 1608 because it is a little taller and holds 3 guns (you can buy a replacement shelf that holds 4 if your guns multiply). After you flip open the lid you can extend the Hebard scope arm to the right height so you can lean over just a bit and see where your shot landed (very useful for spotting bitty .22 holes at 50 yards).
There is a magnet on the lid that holds magazines securely.
On the back of the case, secured in brackets screwed to the box, is a net for catching brass. This saves a lot of bending over at the end of a long day to pick up brass.
I plan to put in a slot sometime to hold targets so I don't have to carry them separately.
20171113_144755_resized.jpg
20171113_144911_resized.jpg
Here is a thread from the Bullseye-L forum titled "Show me your Bullseye Box" with pics taken at the Portland Rifle and Pistol Club that has a selection of different Box styles, some homemade. Like looking through someone's library, the box can reveal the man.
http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t725-show- ... ooters-box

Re: Bullseye Box

I'm such an amateur. I have a little collapsing telescope to check targets, and I use a one minute hour glass to time my shots. I think I'm going to have to up grade my tech, kids.

That bullseye box is pretty slick if it has a brass catcher attachment. Now that I have a semi, catching brass is a thing.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Very neat, Huck. I had no idea those things even existed. That rig rig is buttoned-down; I have been showing up at the range all this time with the proverbial 'bag o' guns' that I have to rummage through. I can't get over the scope arm. :) I'm going to keep this on my radar, but I think my shooting needs to come up a notch or ten to be equal to the gear. ;)

I shot the K-38 that you had - which, again, was fantastic - but what are the semi-autos in there?

ETA: I aspire some day to have someone refer to me as 'old fart who has his shit together', box or no. :yahoo:
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Bacchus wrote:Very neat, Huck. I had no idea those things even existed. That rig rig is buttoned-down; I have been showing up at the range all this time with the proverbial 'bag o' guns' that I have to rummage through. I can't get over the scope arm. :) I'm going to keep this on my radar, but I think my shooting needs to come up a notch or ten to be equal to the gear. ;)

I shot the K-38 that you had - which, again, was fantastic - but what are the semi-autos in there?

ETA: I aspire some day to have someone refer to me as 'old fart who has his shit together', box or no. :yahoo:
A Bag O' Guns will always retain a certain charm. :)
The semi-autos are a Smith & Wesson model 41 .22 and a Colt Model of 1911.
Currently only the revolver has a red dot. I have a Clark custom replacement barrel coming (in about 6 weeks they told me today...waiting on blanks) that I can just drop in and slap a red dot optic on it, that way I can easily go back and forth between optics and irons. The Bob Chow Colt cannot have a scope put on it without ruining it, so I'll be getting another optic-ready 1911 wad gun eventually. Ramping up my Bullseye game is a long process. ;)