Fat Boy gets some gear

So, due to being rather, ehem, front weighty I have a dearth of choices for carrying gear that work, fit and don't make me look like a dumbass. Currently I have an ersatz LS-2 BLH setup with a Romanian three-cell/two pouch mag pouch, web belt, admin pouch and suspenders which works well while moving and hooting but is really only good for range play. I have this on order from Amazon, should have it tomorrow and will greatly improve my ability to carry more while not looking like 'Sir, I am from the Internet!'

This is a SPOSN SMERSH AK Load Bearing System, comes complete as shown with a day pack, two multi-mag/grenade pouches, an admin/radio pocket and more molle-type fastener locations on the rear of the belt. With the mag pockets on the hips it will allow me a better time of shooting prone as there won't be more stuff between my belly and the ground. Also, as I loose weight it will adjust with me, which is good. As the likelihood of me carrying rifle-fired grenades is small, I saved some cash by getting the one without the grenade lobster-tail pouches. :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IW ... UTF8&psc=1
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Re: Fat Boy gets some gear

interesting. i was just thinking of getting rid of my black "south korean spec-ops" load-bearing gear i bought for y2k. apparently it was actually (alice?) mil-spec. it was both a blessing and a curse, working just down the street from tapco. see something i want on their website, go pick it up on lunch break. but now i'm too old and tired to hump gear over the pass, so i'll just dig in here and make the jack-booted thugs come to me. a tomahawk missile will do the job just as well either way, and i won't die all worn out and out of breath from hauling all that chit.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

ErikO wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:18 pmI hit 46 today. I figure increasing my mobility levels at this point might move me back into middle age again. ;)
Happy Birthday! That sounds like the advice experts give people my age - keep moving and don't stop. Let us know about the new gear.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

As a chubby fella myself I feel your pain. I don't really have a need for load bearing gear really, but as a leather worker I have thought of making some. It sort of depends on how far down the multi gun comp I go once i manage to get into it. I understand there are iron man comps where you carry all your gear with you.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.

So I learned two things from this gear. First is that Russian Size 64 pants/belt means a 44" waist. Second is that the videos on YouTube for assembling and adjusting this system are VERY good things.

I had a belt for my 'LS2-almost' set up and swapped that in. Got the straps, magazine/grenade pouches set up and the 2-day pack situated. Will post pics tomorrow after visiting some friends for Easter dinner.

I like it and look forward to loading it up to see if it is as comfortable.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Bearlaker wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:17 am
ErikO wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:18 pm I hit 46 today. I figure increasing my mobility levels at this point might move me back into middle age again. ;)
Happy Belated Birthday ErickO. I really need to check in more often.
:thumbup: Thanks!

And some pics:
Front

Side

Back

I did have to go with a larger belt than the Russians shipped but otherwise everything with the kit was useful and adjustable. 240 rounds of 7.62x39 in mags, room for more ammo in the ruck and a decent IFAK can be stored in the admin pack. Will get a larger pack to go with the ruck is and will mount the ruck on the belt in the rear. This is good, solid and well built kit.