Re: Inexpensive gun rack ideas?

Eris wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:20 pm Is that made out of PVC pipe?
speaking of which, pvc comes in a variety of shapes and sizes and is easily worked with hand tools. i make target stands out of pvc pipe, and they can easily be dis-and re-assembled for transport. just for future reference.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

K9s wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pm It just arrived today. It is just cheap metal tubing with cheap foam covering (guitar rack). I decided I will use shop rags to protect the finish of the rifles. It works for what I need. Just needed a place to set my tiny AK collection. I just wanted to see how they fit and take a picture for y'all.
Nice collection! Always jealous of you free staters.

featureless wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:20 pm
K9s wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:26 pm It just arrived today. It is just cheap metal tubing with cheap foam covering (guitar rack). I decided I will use shop rags to protect the finish of the rifles. It works for what I need. Just needed a place to set my tiny AK collection. I just wanted to see how they fit and take a picture for y'all.
I bought 'em when AKs were cheaper than ARs.

Never thought I would type those words....
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Very true. I still kick myself for not picking up a $99 Mosin and a $150 SKS back when the would sit on the Big 5 rack.

featureless wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:24 pm
K9s wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Very true. I still kick myself for not picking up a $99 Mosin and a $150 SKS back when the would sit on the Big 5 rack.
None of us ever thought the Mosins would just vanish. Only a few years ago, they were sold by the crate because they were so cheap. I think they were $65 each less than ten years ago, then $99 when I bought a couple. Now? Beat up and rusty ones are twice that much. Ammo is double the price (at least), too. They were a great bargain for what they were.

My first SKS was panic-priced at $99 in 1993 after the ban. I still have the receipt.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt