Best not-GoPro camera

In the market for a small camera that could be mounted on a shoulder or head rig that is not a GoPro. I know there's buy once, cry once going on here but I'm not completely sold on making movies at this point and want the M&P Smith of cameras, not the H&K, Dan Wesson.
LGC Texas - Vice President

Re: Best not-GoPro camera

It’s not what you want to hear, but...

The go pro session is pretty slick and relatively cheap. You can usually find earlier gen Standard go pros on eBay etc for about $100

I’ve tried the knock offs. None of them worked for crap, except a company called Yuneec which made theirs for drone gimbles.

The earlier cgo cameras are cheap, but only 1080p and not as rugged. The later 4K ones cost as much as GoPro

Re: Best not-GoPro camera

Inquisitor wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:34 am It’s not what you want to hear, but...

The go pro session is pretty slick and relatively cheap. You can usually find earlier gen Standard go pros on eBay etc for about $100

I’ve tried the knock offs. None of them worked for crap, except a company called Yuneec which made theirs for drone gimbles.

The earlier cgo cameras are cheap, but only 1080p and not as rugged. The later 4K ones cost as much as GoPro
That’s actually the answer I kind of wanted to hear. Thanks for the insight. I’m definitely not looking for 4K as I literally have nothing that would display that resolution, not to mention the memory suck 4K currently requires.
LGC Texas - Vice President